Practice

"What do you think?" A small voice asked, pulling me out of my trance. 

I hummed soft and looked at the group of friends that swarmed around me," What happened?" 

Angie gave a slight laugh," We are choosing the BTS song that we're going to perform. Which one do you think it should be?"

I shrugged," You all know I don't care much about the song that we dance too. I care more about whether you guys will let me participate in it." 

"Well I don't think that we should even be doing BTS," Evan snapped, crossing her arms across his chest. 

I sighed lightly, glancing at him and shaking my head. One thing I knew for certain, I was getting tired of him butting into every conversation we have had about our performances and I was close to snapping at him. 

"We already voted on BTS, Evan." Josi replied, taking a seat beside Ale. 

I smiled light and nodded," You really aren't in this Evan, so please stay out of this?" 

Evan sent me a glare," I am just saying that you guys do a lot of BTS's songs, so why continue to do more?"

"Excuse me, are you even dancing?" Angie asked, raising a brow as she calmly sipped at her milk.

" I have an excuse, I-" 

I rolled my eyes and crossed my legs," Oh enough of it already Evan." 

He glared again, before he could begin to speak again I interjected. 

"Why don't we sing as well?"

"Sing?" Evan scoffed," None of you even know Korean well enough to do something like that." 

I glanced at him and shrugged," For one to accomplish something, the motivation must be present." 

"So what are you saying?" Josi asked as she ate. 

"I'm saying, if we want to show how much we idolize these guys, how much that we respect them. Then let's show our dedication." I explained, sitting up as I spoke," We have the time to do this, we have the members for it. So, let's do this right, and let's do it hard."

The other members smiled and agreed as we looked at Josi for approval. 

She smiled," Well, what song then?"

"You cannot seriously be considering this." Evan snapped at her. 

Josi nodded and walked over to the computer," Let's pick the top three and go from there." 

We all agreed quickly and began to decide on which era we would be looking into. 

"Shouldn't we go with something newer?" Ale asked. 

"Yeah that way people know who we are dancing to." Daisy beamed. 

Karyme nodded," Yeah, but how recent?"

"I don't know you guys." I sighed, leaning my chin into my palm," Don't get me wrong, the way they are now, they are awesome. But, shouldn't we give them praise for what they did before now? Let's show our school the people we learned from, let's show the world the people that fought for their place in the world." 

The others processed my words a moment before agreeing to it. So we went to the beginning, 2013. We searched for a song that we could do, one of our mutual favorites. There was small disputes over the song that we should do, and no one song was better than the other. 

Evan was the only one that showed a blatant pessimism over this whole thing. He continued to bicker about what we were aiming for, continuing to tell us that we wouldn't be able to do it, we would fail because no one could speak fluent Korean. Continuing to press us, though none of us paid attention to his ranting.