Arrival

After weeks of practice and studying the girls were tired and strained. The intense smell of pain relief patches clouded the house and covered the girls from head to toe. Even Angie had succumbed to drinking coffee she was so tired and worn out. Right now, with the combined powers of Archer, Joseph, Duke and I we got them to get some well needed shut eye.

I collapsed on the chair in the kitchen, the others following in suit," How are we this tired?"

Archer rubbed his face harshly," Those girls are fighters that's for sure... It took so long for us to get them down."

"Well, they can't deny that they were exhausted though." Joseph breathed and laid his head on the table.

"Now it's us that are exhausted..." Duke groaned rubbing the back of his neck.

I nodded and looked into the living room where each member was curled into their blankets, completely passed out. Books sprawled every which way and the videos they were listening to were playing low in the background. My eyes drifted to Angie, I could see from here where the patches that stemed from her neck down her back.

Archer looked too," I wish they would take a break already, they're going to kill themselves if they keep this up..."

I nodded again," Well, their placement test isn't for a few more weeks or so, but they seem to be ready for it already."

"Yeah, they pass every practice test and still they push to study harder." Joseph sighed, not daring to lift his head.

Archer started to chew his lip anxiously as we sat there in silence. I couldn't seem to tear my eyes away from the group of girls, even I was losing my edge here. Hopefully things will let up once they get their performance done with.

"They seem to be holding up well." Joseph breathed, you could tell his eyes were heavy.

I yawned and stretched out my limbs," They're strong girls that's why."

Archer nodded, leaning his chin down on the chair," Yeah, well.. their performance is tomorrow. We should get some shut eye too if we're going to be there for them."

Standing I stretched and yawned," I second that."

We all grabbed a place on the floor and fell asleep quickly and without another word.

| THE NEXT MORNING |

"Jayden."

I groaned and rolled over.

"Wake up."

I shook my head and pulled an arm over my face.

"Euca."

"On it!"

I relaxed a bit and sighed.

"Here you are."

"Thanks."

I shot up as ice cold water was poured on me," What the hell!"

Angie was standing over me with a now empty cup in her hands," Morning sunshine. Time to get going."

"How the hell do you lot have so much energy?" Archer groaned as he fixed his sweater.

"Nah, we just enjoy torturing you guys." Euca snickered and hugged him around his waist.

I sighed and shook my head," Well then, now that I'm up..."

Angie smiled," Go get dressed, we'll be late for school."

"Considering you guys haven't gone in forever, you seem pretty anxious to get back there." Duke spoke out as he picked up the blankets and pillows that were scattered around.