Sands of Time

The rest of November passed by fast, and December seemed even faster to pass them. The members were growing wary and scared at departing with their friends. Although one of them was desperately trying to find a way for them all to be together again, even if for small areas of time. It seemed as though time was not in favor of this group, and continued to go faster when they tried desperately to find ways to be together for long periods of time.

.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.

"When do you think we should start packing?" I asked as I stretched out my arms.

"Whenever," Archer muttered, his eyes glazed over as he stared out the window.

I narrowed my eyes and leaned forward a little bit,"We've gotten more stuff since we've been here, I think we are going to need another bag?"

"Maybe..." He sighed, his eyes not moving.

"We'll be getting more during Christmas, you know how the girls are." I added, nodding and sighing.

"Yeah." Archer breathed.

"Are your parents going to send the private plane this time?" I asked, knowing full well he hated talking about his parents or the money.

"Yeah."

I licked my lips, leaning my elbows on my knees and glaring softly at him,"Should I call Amelia and tell her when we land?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, that's enough."I snapped, standing up.

"Yeah."

"Archer, hey." I spoke, waving my hand in front of his face.

"Huh?" He spoke, breaking out of his daze.

"You doing ok man?" I asked, sitting back down.

"No... no I'm really not..." He scoffed, leaning back in the chair. Rubbing his face harshly and sighing deeply.

"What's up, you've been spaced out lately."

"I don't want to leave... it hurts to think about..." He sighed, his eyes were glossy and tired.

I nodded, leaning back in my own chair as I thought about it, a slight pang in my chest as I did,"I know it hurts man, just don't worry about it alright?"

"No it's not. I don't..." He stammered," I don't know what is going on. I just... it feels..."

"Breathe Archer, alright mate?" I sighed, choking back my own feelings.

"Jayden... I... I think I..." He began.

"Don't say it."

"But I-"

"No."

"Jay-"

"Don't even speak."

He sat silently, his eyes focused on me. Letting me know that he was listening to me. He has been getting worse since we told the girls that we are leaving, his focus drifting away and I doubt that he is sleeping alright. He has some strong feelings for her, but if he tells her then it will be different. Everything will be different, as much as I've rooted for them... the sheer distance between the two is hard, added to who the girls are... well...

"Archer, I know how you feel mate. I have been your best friend since I can remember, I see how you react when you are with her. I need you to think this through, you haven't known her for very long and we are going back home soon. You cannot go doing this, you will get hurt do you understand me?"

He nodded slowly.

"Good, now." I breathed," Christmas is about week away now and we need to decide on our presents to the girls."