Jealousy

Everyone was finally asleep, I'll admit that it is uncomfortable for me to join them, the only one that actually seems to accept me in this group is Euca still. Not that I blame them of course, I was an ass when I first met them. 

The guys are starting to warm up to me, as are some of the girls but Angie still hates my guts and won't entirely let me near her youngers. Again, I only have myself to blame at this point, I did piss her off beyond what was normal for her.

I sighed and set my head down on the table, wanting to grab some sleep before the others woke up. Closing my eyes and finally drifting off to sleep when the doorbell rang. I peaked out from my arms and Euca had gotten up, Archer was about to when she hushed him and whispered something that I couldn't quite hear. He nodded and went back to sleep as she went to answer the door. I yawned and hid back in my arms, passing out from my exhaustion.

|A FEW HOURS LATER|

My eyes shot open with loud yelling from Euca. 

"You are being such an ass!"

"How the hell am I being anything?!"

"What gives you the right to say any of that!?"

"The fact that I'm right."

"You have no idea what the hell was going on in the first place!"

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I know where his mind was fucking at, and you might have been-"

I winced at the sharp sound of the slap she gave him.

"You are an ass Archer." Euca hissed, and pushed passed him. Her youngers chased after her as she slammed the front door.

I got up and walked over to him," What the hell?"

Archer's jaw was clenched tight, a pink hue growing where Euca had slapped him.

"What was that all about mate?" Jayden asked cautiously.

Archer sighed and hung his head," I went too far..."

"What happened?" Joseph asked, his words were low as he woke up. 

Archer shook his head and pushed passed us to sit down on the couch," I went too far..."

"Come on, what happened?" I pushed and sat on the coffee table across from him.

"Her ex came by. That's who was at the door...After a while, I uh... I woke up again and when she was still outside I got worried because it's... it's cold out there... He was there and talking to her... and he... brushed his hand across her cheek and I-I don't know what... what took over... I just got so mad a-and hurt all at the same time... I just... I pushed into the conversation.. right in between them a-and just kept her away from him... he pushed it... pushed my  limits and... I uh... punched him.."

"Punched him?!" We all shouted in unison.

"Where?" Jayden asked.

Archer buried his face in his hands," His nose..."

We all snickered, trying desperately to maintain ourselves, knowing that Archer was not proud of this.

"Alright," I spoke, clearing my throat," So, that doesn't really sound like crossing the line. You were watching out for her and he pushed your buttons."

Archer groaned," That wasn't the worst part..."

"Oh boy..." Joseph sighed and leaned forward.

"He ran off with his bloody nose and she snapped at me for doing it and-"

"You snapped back, saying things you didn't mean." I sighed.