Home

Australia... Home... 

"You alright?" Jayden sighed, leaning his head back against the seat. 

I didn't bother to answer, or rather I didn't trust myself to talk at all. The fact that she ran all the way back through the airport like that... 

"Archer?" Jayden pressed. 

I swallowed hard and clenched my jaw as I stared out the window. 

Jayden sighed and stopped asking. 

"I hope you boys had fun in America," Barbara, my step mother, spoke lightly. 

My eyes drifted to her, but still I refused to answer.

I remember that when I first came to New Mexico, all I wanted to do was leave and go home. Yet, with all that happened while I was here, this was my home. These girls were my family and treated me more like an equal than my real family does. And likely ever will. 

"It is a good thing you had a chance to experience such a poor state Archer, now you can really take hold of the business." Father chuckled, relaxing as the plane took flight. 

I sighed and looked down at my lap, I felt absolutely hallowed out... I know for a fact that those girls feel even worse than I do right about now. 

"Archie," Lance, my older brother, called out. 

Clenching my jaw tight, I closed my eyes and tired desperately to relax a bit. 

"Archie," He cooed. 

"What..." I hissed low. 

"Who was the girl?" He spoke, turning to look at me from the opposite side of Jayden and I. 

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the window. 

"Come on Archie, don't be so glum. Their nothin' but a bunch a Yankees anyhow." Lance sighed heavily," Poor bastards is what they are." 

I was surprised of my lack of anger toward his words, being perfectly honest here I am too tired to pay attention in the least of the fact. 

"You shouldn't even be mingling with such filth Archer." Barbara laughed," Not to worry, you will be back with your own soon enough." 

Now that strikes a nerve. 

"Seriously, how much is their income, 20,000 a year?" Father laughed. 

Keep it up. 

"How low can one even get with clothing so off brand as that?" Lance laughed. 

One more fucking comment. 

"And all the tears, so unladylike." 

"Shut the fuck up..." 

"What?"

"Oh no..." 

"Shut the fuck up," I snapped," What the fuck would you know? All you can do is tell a shrimp fork from a steak one, at least have some bloody character about you because they know more about the economy than any of you fuckers ever will." 

The plane was quiet, Jayden with a small smile plastered on his face, nodding slowly and trying to contain his laughter. 

No one spoke much for most of the ride home, which is nice and calming at least. 

Closing my eyes, leaning my head back and sighing deeply as sleep took over. It's probably almost 10 o'clock in Albuquerque now. 

Just as I was about to fall asleep, my phone began to buzz in my pocket.