Night Time Confessions

What could I possibly say to make her understand that I am sorry and that I feel bad for what I said and did? God, I feel so fucking stupid. I groaned and buried my face into my hands as I thought of a million different ways that didn't seem to want to pan out the way that I wanted them to. My head shot up as the front door opened, Euca. I stood slowly as she walked inside, my heart beating faster than I wanted it to. 

Her eyes met mine and I sighed softly.

"Hey..." She muttered and rubbed her arm.

I licked my lips and took a deep breath.

"Listen-" We both spoke in unison and paused.

I smiled weakly.

"Go ahead..."

I shook my head, grabbing her arm I pulled her into my arms and hugged her tight. 

Her arms laced around my neck and hugged me back tight," This works too.."

I chuckled softly and buried my face into her neck," Yeah, it does..."

We were quiet, just standing there with each other. No words. Just hugging. There was nothing else that was really needed, we knew what the other meant. That we were sorry for the things we said and that we just wanted to get passed it. This was the best way to convey so many things that would likely come out with a horde of stutters and slurs as you try to find the right way to put it so that you didn't upset the other more than they already were.

"Thanks... for... punching him in the nose..." Euca muttered into my shoulder, shifting slightly so she was hiding in the crook of my neck. 

I chuckled again," Really?"

"Yeah," She breathed and pulled away slightly to look at me," He needed a good punch to the face anyhow."

I smiled down at her," Yeah, anyone who hurts you deserves that love." I kissed the top of her head and pulled her back into my chest," I'll never stop protecting you love..."

She nuzzled back into my neck without another word.

I smiled and nodded as I held her.

"Alright you two, break it up or get a room." Jayden laughed.

I shot a quick playful glare his way before letting Euca go.

She smiled as she walked up to him and gave him a gentle shove as she walked into the kitchen.

A few minutes later, we had gathered again in the kitchen to eat some breakfast. Things were lightened again with the whole argument out and cleared up. Thanks to Duke, of course, I later found out from a slightly annoyed Angelica venting to Jayden.

The table was loud as we ate, laughter, voices and just us being us really. These are the moments that I'll miss when Jayden and I have to go back home. Although, I doubt I won't be able to relive it considering that Jayden never seems to stop recording moments like these. It was nice. We take videos and pictures as often as any of us are really able to.

"What are we going to do today?" Joseph asked as we cleaned up.

That came with a moment of silence as we thought about today's events.

"What if we go up to the mountains?" Angie spoke out," Since it's fall, it's really beautiful up there."

"How about camping out for the night? I mean we could all use the tranquility." Ale added.

"Do we have enough supplies?" Josi asked.

"I'm sure we can all pitch in something." I smiled.