Worry Free

After Euca walked away, Archer soon following behind, the room fell silent, enough to hear a pin drop. My youngers sat looking at the floor intently, not daring to look up, while the boys couldn't stop looking around, feeling awkward with such uncomfortable silence. I looked at everyone before accidentally making eye contact with Jayden. As he opened his mouth to say something, I abruptly stood up causing all eyes in the room to turn to me in surprise. Without saying anything, I walk away from the group, heading into the kitchen because I couldn't stand the silence and awkwardness.

"W-wait, where are you going?" Jayden quickly stood up and followed after me.

"Kitchen," I stated simply without turning around.

"Why?" Jayden questioned as he walked closer.

"Because," I shrugged and walked towards the fridge, taking out the watermelon slices and cherries that I knew would be there.

"Because what?" He raised his brow at me with arms crossed.

"I couldn't stand the awkward silence," I glanced at him briefly before taking out a bowl and serving myself a decent portion of both, putting the rest away once I was done.

"So to get away from it you decide to get food?" Jayden looked at me weirdly, as though I just grew two heads.

"Damn right I did," I leaned against the counter opposite of him and looked at him blankly.

"Are you not gonna say anything? About what Archer and I just said? Do you even care about this whole thing?"

"What is there to say? You guys hid something from us and only decided to tell us last minute, when there's not enough time than we would have hoped for. Do you want me to cry? Throw a tantrum? Bawl my eyes out while screaming about how unfair this whole thing is? What do you want me to do? What do you want me to say? I'm not gonna mope about how you're leaving me, the whole bunch of us, our little family, and how it's not just you but Archer too, when I could easily enjoy the rest of these days that we have together before you guys leave us until we meet again. I'm not going to say that it will be the last time we ever meet, because we both know damn well that we won't allow it to be the last time, even if we have to fly to the other side of the world, we will be there. We didn't know or see each other for a majority of our lives so what's a few more months or weeks even apart? We can all get through this together," I smile softly and wink playfully before walking out of the kitchen back to where the others were.

Jayden followed soon after, a small smile gracing his face, one that the others took notice of.

"Bro, what are you smiling about?" Joseph looked at Jayden curiously, the others doing the same, occasionally glancing at me.

"No reason in particular," Jayden shrugs, his smile increasingly getting wider.

"What's got you smiling like that mate?" Archer questioned as he and Euca walked back in, the latter looking at the rest to see if they knew anything.

"All I know is that they both disappeared into the kitchen for a while and once they came back out, Angie had a bowl of fruit and Jayden came out with that goofy grin," Duke answered Euca's silent question.

Suddenly a smirk started to creep up both Euca and Archer's face as they turned to look at each other, a smirk that I knew meant no good.

"Did you guys kiss?" Euca snickered

"That's the only thing that would explain the look on your face bro," Archer teased.

"He wishes I did," I snort and continue to eat my fruit.

"How'd you know?" Jayden smirked and winked.

Not expecting that response, I choked on the cherry I was just eating. As I was coughing I could hear Ale asking if I was ok, Josy saying "Angie, stop choking on food!", Euca laughing but coming over to pat my back, Joseph panicking cause he's not used to me constantly choking on food, Duke laughing as well, Archer saying "not very surprising anymore", and lastly Jayden, teasing me about how flustered I got. Once I stopped coughing I smacked Jayden's arm and looked at him.

"Yah, don't say things like that when I'm eating! I could have died!" I pout and turn away from him.

"You started it!" He laughed.

"You continued it!"

"What else was I supposed to say then love?"

"I don't know, nothing?"

"Now, where's the fun in that sweetheart?"

"Can you stop with the nicknames?"

"No can do princess, you know you love it," Jayden back-hugged me and nuzzled my cheek, "now will you forgive me for accidentally making you choke?"

"Oo kinky," Euca grinned, causing Archer to laugh.

"언니!" Said both of our youngers shocked.

"You know, sometimes I question why you're my best-friend, but then I remember and stop questioning it," I glared at her but couldn't hold back a smirk.

"Love you too Koya," Euca laughed and made a heart above her head, to which I only responded with a smile and finger hearts.

"Well now that the awkward silence is out of the way, what do you guys want to do?" I sigh and leaned against Jayden who is still back-hugging me.

"Can we just have a movie night?" Ale suggests.

"Yeah, it's been a while since we've done that. How long has it been since we wanted to do that yet we've never had the chance to," Josy agreed.

"I say let's do it," Duke nodded and looked to see who else agrees.

"I agree," Joseph shrugged with a wide smile.

"I'm down, Jay?" Archer questioned Jayden.

"Hell yeah," Jayden cheered.

"I'll get the blankets," Euca notified as she walked away to get the items.

"And of course, I'll get the food, thankfully, I just bought snacks," I smiled and got up out of Jayden's arms, heading to the kitchen and retrieving said snacks, bringing them out after putting some popcorn in the microwave.

Once everything was done and set up, we all sat in pairs, some on the sofas and some on the floor. That night, we all slept peacefully, without a worry about what's gonna happen next.