Disbanding?

It's been about four months since the Aussie Brothers left. The girls were down for the first couple of weeks, Euca took it upon herself to search for a new sound and video master for the group. 

I knew why, she needed something, anything to keep her mind off of the guys departure. After she jumped out of the car without saying anything she just wasn't the same person. Her eyes were a pink hue and her hand was clasped tightly over a pendant that was wrapped around her neck. After that she was quiet, practicing alone and studying in the dark. This was how she processed things. Alone. 

The girls knew that and kept to themselves until their elder came back. Yet that still hasn't completely happened. It's really like we are missing a piece of this family we made here. Euca may be practicing with the group and smiling a little bit more than in that first week but it isn't the same. I hope that things continue to pick up because even the youngers are beginning to grow less patient about this. 

I sighed and walked out to the backyard for some fresh air. Today was the girls day of rest, no internet, no studying, no practice. Just resting. They needed one every few weeks, and Kyle was not about to allow that to happen. 

Stretching out my arms I looked around and sighed soft at the small figure curled up on the patio. Walking down to her I kneeled down.

"Hey."

She peaked up at me and offered a soft smile," Hi..."

I nodded and sat next to her," Are you ok?"

She gave a shrug and buried her face back into her knees.

I licked my lips and nodded," Well, you are just bad at lying."

She scoffed and turned her head away.

I smiled lightly and poked her side, causing her to uncurl from her small ball and a small yelp escape.

"Talk to me." I smiled.

She sighed and leaned back on her arms," I'm just worried..."

I nodded and pulled a knee up to my chest," I know, just remember how hard it is for her. She has lost so many people already. Losing two at once like this might take longer to get over."

Josie's eyes were glossy as she stared up at the sky," I know..."

"Hey," I muttered, realizing that this was no time to joke around with her," Come on, don't do this to yourself."

Josie bit her lip and looked down, her bags apparent under the sun's rays.

I turned my body towards her," Look at me."

Hesitantly she complied and met my gaze.

"She loves you, we all love you J." I reached out and pulled her hair away from her face," Never forget that. I know that this is all a lot to handle right now but nothing will ever get in the way of the Night Wings."

A small smile appeared on her lips," Really...?"

"Yes, silly girl." I chuckled and tipped her chin up.

A spark of mischief glinted slight in her eyes," Do you really love me Duke?"

I froze and my heart slammed hard against my chest," A-ah..."

She began to laugh slightly at my reaction and hugged me," I'm kidding duffus."

I scoffed and hugged her back," Scaring me like that..."

Nuzzling slightly into my shoulder," I'm still worried about her... Losing Archer the way that she did. The necklace, the lack of video calls. It almost seems like she is breaking."