Final Goodbyes...

It seems like this is the end... after Christmas, my father called me to tell me my mother had passed from an illness and that he already had someone in line in order to keep the family line up and running. This new family is coming along with the flight to see Jayden and I home... I hate this... I hate seeing the girls like this. You can see it in their eyes, the sadness... You can feel it radiating off of them when you get close to them. I just wish I didn't have to see it in her... I hate feeling this way, like I can't do anything to make a difference in how she is feeling. I feel useless to the fact that I am leaving. Yet here we are, at the gates of our private flight, which we managed to convince the girls happened for no particular reasoning. They were all too broken to pry into it.

"You have everything?" Euca sighed as she finished zipping up my bag.

"No, I don't have you." I muttered, plopping down onto the bed.

Euca gave a small, humorless laugh before walking up to me and patted my head,"It's not going to be too long ok?"

I looked down and nodded," I just... I..."

"I know..." she sighed and kneeled down in front of me," We all have to do things we don't entirely want to."

Clenching my jaw I nodded and smiled faint at her.

"Hey you two," Jayden breathed as he walked in," It's time."

I felt the crushing blow of reality again and my body slowly grew numb,"Really?"

A small nod from Jayden made my world spin.

Euca stood and held her hands out for me," Come on, we can't be late now."

I carefully took them both and stood," Ok..."

She gave me a small smile before guiding me out to the car where the others were finishing packing it up. Each member stood as tall as they could, showing as much of their courage and strength as they could give to see Jayden and I off to the airport. Still you could see the clear signs of exhaustion, the dark circles under their eyes that only ever grew so apparent if they lacked sleep or were in a deeply upsetting emotional state of mind.

"You guys ready?" Joseph asked looking over the members.

We all gave a slight nod before climbing into the car and starting off to the airport to say our final goodbyes to everyone. We could feel it, the burden weighing across us, the thought of when we would see each other next. Even worse than that, the feeling that something else was about to happen.

What seemed like something too soon, we pulled up to the airport. The girls and the guys helped us take down our bags and bring them inside. As we walked through security the girls were beginning to show signs of struggle to keep their composure, they were beginning to crack. Especially the one that tried desperately, no matter the situation to stay strong for her youngers.

Euca.

Her eyes failed to meet us as we walked, focusing on the floor, counting her every step and every tile as we walked to the private gates to wait.

We sat in silence, the bustle of the airport sang loud to our ears and soon we could no longer ignore the heavy air over us as the plane arrived.

"Mr. Thomson." The attendant spoke," Mr. Anderson."

I swallowed hard and stood up, my body growing numb from the sudden rush of reality. Turning to the girls who's eyes were brimming with tears, yet a small smile on each of them. One by one, each member gave us a hug goodbye, saying small things to us before letting go. Their voices were small yet you could still hear the cracking of their voices as they spoke.