International Views

"It's almost time," I sighed, pacing back and forth. 

"Jos, calm down. We can do this we practiced for for weeks and weeks. We've got this." Euca spoke and walked up to me. She grabbed me by my shoulders and looked down at me," We can do this. You can do this."

I took a deep breath and wrung my hands as we waited for our turn on the stage. 

"Hey there idols," A deep voice spoke.

We all turned to see Archer, our sound and light specialist. Since the school wasn't able to provide this many hands off mics we had to find someone. Euca had brought him over to help us out.

"Really Archer?" She sighed and placed her hands on her hips.

Archer smiled and shrugged as his friend, Jayden helped him bring in his equipment," Well, it's almost time for you girls to give us a show."

I felt my breathing pick up and I started pacing again.

Euca's eyes darted from me and to Archer, not knowing which to go to.

Ang, seeing the stress from her came to me and gave her a quick nod.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. You know that," Ang spoke and hugged me.

I took a deep breath and nodded as I hugged her back," I'm just nervous. It's not just kids out there this time, there are adults too. Little kids, probably ARMY's-"

"So what?" Euca spoke and hugged me as well.

"Alright girls, let's get these mics on you and set up." Archer spoke and smiled.

We all nodded as he handed us our mics, each member with nervous hearts put their mics on and listened as Archer talked about how they worked and how to handle them.

My elders we right, the other members needed me to be strong. I need to support them just like they support me, that is what we are have each other for. 

"Alright, and don't forget, if you drop it, it's alright but you need to put it back on you as soon as you can." Archer finished as he sat down at his sound board that stood beside the stage. Just so that he could see us as we performed.

We nodded and we huddled together, we calmed each other's fears and hugged each other. This was our first large performance, and our first time that we will be taking an hour break before our next song. The first time that we are going to have a dress change. The girls are all nervous but excited to show off what we had done. They were ready to prove everyone wrong, and ready to show everyone what they were capable of.

I smiled," Okay guys, let's get out there and show them what we've got."

They all cheered and after a few more moments and the feedback of the speakers a loud and proud voice spoke.

"Hello everyone! Welcome to the first annual Winter Show where kids from West Mesa High School will show off their talents to all of you, and we get your money."

They crowd clapped and laughed.

"Depending on which performance you like is the one you can donate to. Now our first performance is from the Asian Culture Club and their Dance line, the Night Wings. They will be giving us two performances this evening, so without further ado I give you the Night Wings!"

The applause was loud as the stage went dark and we quickly went on and in our entrance formation, a V formation.

I was in front, at my right was Euca, at my left was Ale. Behind them were Ang and Daisy. And behind them were Karyme and Naomi.