Addiction

Minho quietly entered his house, trying his absolute hardest to not draw any attention to himself. He was succeeding so far until his dumbass tripped over a bump in the carpet resulting in his collision into the stairs of his house, surely catching the attention of both his mum and her boyfriend.

"Minho, sweetie, you're home!" She said happily as she made her way over to her son.
"Hey mum." He mumbled with a somewhat genuine smile on his face.

"Hey Minho." Her boyfriend said with a nod of his head.
"Hi." Minho bluntly replied. "I'll be on my way now." The boy informed as he headed for his room.

"Hey! Wait a second young man." Minho rolled his eyes before turning his heel to face his mum calling him.
"Yes mum?"

"Now you can't just run off for days at a time without telling us where you're going." She asked him, leaning against the stair rail.
"I was staying with my friend jisung, you know that's where I go. No big deal." He wanted to get off this topic as soon as possible.

"Well it wasn't a big deal until you show up here with marks all over your neck and red outlines on your wrists." His mother stated, clearly oblivious to the actual situation and concerned instead.

"I,,,, um..."

"He's a teenager darling don't worry about him. Are you injured? Is someone hurting you?" Her boyfriend jumped in.

Minho was taken aback by the man standing up for him.
"Of course not."

"Then let it be love, Minho would come to us if anything bad was happening to him. He's probably just having fun and experimenting if you know what I mean." the man said with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

Minho mother looked at her boyfriend very confused.

"Don't worry about it sweetie, Minho you can go." He said with a warm smile before leading his fiancé to the lounge and giving her a cup of tea.

-

Minho sat in his room and looked at the calendar on his wall, his eyes unbeknownst to him, swelling up with tears.

2 days until his father's 4 year death anniversary. One week until his mothers wedding.

To him, the timing seemed offensive, almost as if his mother did it on purpose to forget about the event as much as possible. However he knew, that no matter what happened, neither of them could ever forget.

He couldn't forget the last time he saw his dad. Dark bags under his eyes and a weak smile as he dropped him off at school.
"I'll see you tonight." The words constantly replayed through his head when he didn't.

He couldn't forget the sound of the sirens as they screamed in the direction of his house. They can't be for me he remembered thinking. Huh, typical.

He couldn't forget the way his mother wailed when the police broke the news that his father had been found dead on the side of the road, only a block away from his house.

He couldn't forget the feeling of his rib cages shrinking against his chest as his heart thumped against them harder than ever.
Don't break Minho, don't break.

He couldn't forget watching his father's coffin being lowered into the ground. His newly made gravestone leaving out alcoholic and only going with loving father, husband, son, brother and friend. That of coarse, wasn't any less true than the latter.

He couldn't forget the looks he got in the halls at school, his newly stuck label as, the kid with the dead father. He remembered the irony of all the people who had once tried to get with him, now offering their condolences.

He couldn't forget the cold, empty feeling of catching the bus home from school, no longer being granted the luxury of being picked up and dropped off by his semi-sober dad. The way the light of his house slipped away as the framed photos of pre-accident life appeared on his walls. However frozen time hung from along the stairs wouldn't bring the warmth back. Nothing ever could.

He couldn't forget the day he came home to see a man in his house. One that wasn't his father. He remembered the bright smile he was offered along with a firm handshake. 'Minho, this is my boyfriend.' His mother beamed at him.

He couldn't forget the way this man made him sick. You're not my father he remembered thinking get the fuck out, you're not him, you never will be.

And now, 2 years later, everything falls back into place. The spacing between the two being too close for comfort.

"I miss you. God dad, I miss you. Why couldn't you of put the bottle down." He mumbled through gritted teeth.

Minho felt his past urges coming back once again. He wouldn't fall down the spiral though, he couldn't allow it. He would keep that draw next to his bed locked and soon, he'd be able to dispose of the key.

Everyone needs an addiction Minho, mine just happens to be you.

Minho reached for his phone, and did the only logical thing he could think of to take the pain away.

"Jisung, please come over."

A/N 
*story not proof read*

Holy shit I kinda like this

Also Thankyou so much for 50k it's honestly so crazy I love you.