Chapter 20

THEA

I was woken up by Arthur's loud snore beside me, it was.. so loud, I thought he choked on something. I checked on him to make sure he wasn't hurt, he was not. He was just peacefully sleeping, with a loud snore. He never snored this loud before, he must had been exhausted after work.

I slowly got up from the bed but a pair of strong arms pulled me back to the bed. "Stay." he mumbled, his eyes were still closed.

I stayed though.

I watched his features in front of me, he was bare, unguarded when he slept. I traced his hard feature with my thumb, from his temple to his jawline. Seeing him this close, I couldn't believe he was the same man who despised me 9 months ago. I still couldn't believe it had been 4 months since we made up. A lot had happened in the last 4 months.

Looking at the time, it was only 8 in the morning. Thankfully Arthur and I didn't have work today, so maybe we could just chill in the house. I pecked his forehead and carefully got up from the bed, this time succeed without waking him up.

Going downstairs, I was greeted by silence. I went to the kitchen aisle and made a full breakfast for me and Arthur, then I made his coffee just as how he liked it. After I was done, I made myself a cup of tea. Serving the plates on the table, I took my cup of tea and went outside to our garden.

It was quite chilly this morning but the air was so fresh, I took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air. Placing the cup on the table, I stretched my body and let out a moan.

Suddenly I felt a pair of hands wrapped around me from behind. "I was wondering where you left."

I closed his hands with mine. "Made us breakfast and came here for fresh air."

"I figured. Anyway, are you going somewhere today?"

"Nope. Are you?"

"Me too. We can just stay in the house, I think I'll need some rest."

This time I turned around to face him. "I noticed you look exhausted, are you alright though?"

He nodded. "Yeah, just tired from work and stuff."

I could see it in his eyes, he did look exhausted even after he had slept.

"Come on, let's eat then you can rest."

*

I had just gotten out of shower when I saw Arthur on the bed, a hand pressed his forehead like he was in pain.

"Are you okay?"

He opened an eye and looked at me. "I'm fine."

He didn't look like he was fine, he seemed to have a headache ever since he woke up this morning. I quickly got dressed and took a cloth from the bathroom, wet it with pouring water then drained it. Then I crawled on the bed beside him, I moved his hand from his forehead.

"Are you having a headache?"

"Yes. My head's been pounding since I woke up."

Poor him.

"Come here," I patted my thighs. He looked at me in question. "Take your shirt off and lay down on my thighs, I will massage your head."

Not wasting anytime, he took his top off and rested the back of his head on my thighs. I rested my back on the headboard while he looked up at me.

"Close your eyes." I put the wet cloth on his forehead, he closed his eyes and I began massaging his head.

He let out a sigh after a while. "That feels so good."