🌑2.

Lydia Jones

"Ian I'm home" the house was quiet, I dropped the suit, and matching shoes that Lydia had picked out onto the couch.

A sudden heat rush ran over my body, I was hot but my body felt like it was freezing. My head started pounding like there was a hammer beating into it I tried to walk. I stumbled making it towards the stairs, sweat ran down my face, my vision blurred I felt sick to my stomach. I used the railing to keep my balance to no avail.

I groaned in pain holding my head, as the pounding continued. "Evan?"

My voice came into my head loudly, making me clench my head harder.

"Your too loud" I practically cried. He came over towards me, holding me.
"Hey, buddy what's wrong tell me what's wrong. Your burning up"

Each word added onto the pounding finally I couldn't take it, I just let it all in instead of fighting it. My body stiffened, next thing I know I blacked out.

"Evan please wake up. Please"

I was standing in the forest, the moon was shining down on me. I was in a field with flowers, where the hell am I? Standing in front of me was a wolf, a gray wolf with black paws. Goddess he was beautiful.

The wolf had bright red eyes, I reached out to touch him.

"Evan!" Ian's voice invaded my subconscious. I jumped awake a pool of sweat covering my body.

"Ian?" There was a knock at the door.

I was in the pack infirmary, Dr. Morales, also my uncle came in, he checked my chart.

"Alright Evan" he pulled out a little magnifying glass, checking my eyes

"Can you tell me what happened?" I thought for a second but it seem to become a blur.

"I uh remember feeling hot, and it felt like my senses were on a thousand. My head was pounding" he nodded, he took off his stethoscope, checking my heart.

"Have you been in recent contact with your mate in anyway?" I looked at him baffled.

"No, I thought I wouldn't find them until my birthday"

"Your mate's wolf or them, themselves could always make contact with you mentally, unknowingly. They would feel similar affects" Ian added, it was all over his face that he was stress.

"Ian I'm fine, don't worry" I slowly threw my legs over the hospital bed he gave me the look. His famous 'don't give me that bullshit' look. I sighed, laying back down.

"His vitals, and blood pressure are good but his stress levels are a higher then I would like them to be" he said reading through my chart.

"What are you stress about Ev" I didn't look at him. "Evan?" My uncle chimed in.

"Its just my anxiety, I dont feel all that comfortable with the party-"

"You know the entire pack, everyone might as well be family. And meeting your ma-"

"I'm fine Ian, I just want to go home" I explained. "We're just worried is all Evan" my uncle assured.

"I'm fine, really I just really want to go home" I pleaded with them both. My brother nodded, leaving out.

"Take it easy on Ian, your dad going back overseas hasn't been the easiest on him" I nodded. "I know and I'm sorry, but I swear I'm okay" he nodded getting out ao I can get dressed.

The ride home was silent, tensed and all around awkward. I decided to break the silence.

"Ian I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a jerk. Its just you have enough on your plate without stressing over your irritating little brother" he didn't look at me at first then, he glanced at me.

"I get where your coming from kid, and it doesn't make it better you holding stuff in. Or your playing it off like your okay, I'm not stupid you know. You've been biting your nails, you only do that when your anxiety is bothering you. And you've been scratching at your walls at night"

"Ian-"

"Your my kid brother you really think I wouldn't notice?" He questioned. "Look I'm sorry really I am, apart of me has been dreading this part since you brought it up" I admitted.

"We can always cancel-"

"No Ian, you've worked so hard to plan it, and go big just for me. I wouldnt dare be so childish and ask you to rip it all down. Plus Lydia is helping me get pass it" I reassured him.

"That's good, but what else is bothering you?"

"When you and Kiera got together were your ever worried that.. I dont know that she wouldnt accept you as her mate" we were at a red light now, not to far away from the house.

"Hell yes, dead worried. She was this elegant girl, and here I was barely learning my responsibilities as alpha. I was sure she was gonna reject me on the spot" he paused, picking up speed.

"But she didn't, she accepted me in every way possible. And yeah it was rocky at first but I love her, she's my luna, my everything. She has me hooked" he admitted with a kid smile.

"Exactly what if-"

"He'll love you. Your an amazing ass person kiddo. Your brilliant, funny, sarcastic and your honest. And when you love, you love hard. Remember Barry, we had found him literally upside down"

I laughed. "Yes"

"You were so heartbroken when he got sick, then we had to flush him down the toilet" he laughed. Barry was my goldfish from when I was like 10, he was my best friend.

Growing up, I didn't have many friends. After my mom passed away I kinda shut off my social skills. So when Barry died I was going through some really emotional times.

Dont judge me!! "Dad went as far as saluting him as he went down" Ian burst into laughter. "Man I tried so hard not to laugh"

"You cried for like four days, and that's when I knew"

"Knew what?" He smiled at me. "That whoever you ended up with was gonna be so lucky. You love hard, and make no excuses for it. It's your blessing and curse, and as for Barry he will forever be remembered" I slapped him in his arm.

"You know I love you right Ian"

"Yeah kid, I love you too" I smiled. But honestly there was one thing that still had me kinda baffled.

Who was the wolf in my dream?