🌑4.

Roman Cane

"Ian?!"

"Listen to me Evan, he's dangerous you need to get the hell away from him now" Ian was ready to jump, and so was I.

"He wouldn't hurt me" I told him. "How do you know?" He asked. "Ian please trust me"

"He's a rogue Evan, he's the alpha of the Slayer Wolves" I looked back at Roman who wasn't denying, or defending anything.

"Is.. is that true" The Slayer Wolves, were a murderous, malicious and merciless pack. They killed any, and all who would stand in their way.

Hell I only heard rumors about them, and their cold-hearted Alpha who was willing to kill anyone who opposed them. Rather their a stranger or a member of the pack.

"Roman? Is it true" he took my hand in his. "If it is?"

I scoffed stepping away from him. "What do you mean if it is?!"

"Nothing changes your still my mate Evan" his words drew me, and I hated myself for it.

"To hell he is, your not his mate" Roman eyes turned red, as he moved me to the side. His claws were out and his fangs bared.

He wore a evil smirk as he stepped up to my brother "Listen here pup. He's mine, and I dare you, or any one of your weak, and pitiful pack to come take him from me" it was challenge, and I knew all too well my brother wasn't gonna back down.

"Ian! Please we don't need to risk anyone's safety" Lydia told him.

"Listen to her Ian" Roman mocked, he had changed back to his normal self.

"And if I dont" he questioned. "I'll slaughter the lot of you, your entire will be killed, tortured. I'll put their heads on stakes and parade them around like their bloody trophies" Roman's words were deep, and laced with no mercy. He truly meant every word.

"But I'll spare everyone, on one condition..."

"You can't have my brother you sadistic fuck" Ian growled. Roman chuckled.

"I don't have to have him he's already mine. Marked with my scent, and you know the rules. Once the claim has been made on the 18th birthday only the alpha can deny his mate. And I have no plans to deny my sweet little Evan" he looked back at me with a smile. I tried to hide it but the blush was all over my face.

"You haven't bitten him yet, so the claim isn't made, he can still reject you" Ian argued. "I.. I can?"

"Yes you can and you will" Ian demanded. But what about my happiness, what if I never found another mate, or worse die without mine.

"You wont" Roman demanded. "Its his choice Ian" Lydia added. "Not when it comes to scum like this. Evan! You will deny him as your mate" Ian demanded.

"Ian stop it. Evan its your choice you know that" Lydia continued.

Roman just stared at me, as if he was tryna to read my mind. I couldn't read my mind it was all over thr place.

Roman may be a rogue, but he hasn't hurt me. And I don't know him enough to judge his character, and-and...

My heart started pounding so loud, and I couldn't breathe. I was hyperventilating, everyone was yelling at me, no one was listening. I felt myself stumble back, my heart beat now in my ears. I clenched my chest trying to calm down but I just couldn't. Everyone kept yelling, and I just couldn't take this.

"Evan. Evan" I could hear Ian calling out to me but I couldn't- I couldnt say anything.

"Christ I think he's having an anxiety attack" Lydia tried to approach me but Roman gave her a warning growl.

He slowly approached me, his scent seeping into me. Invading me.

"Evan, relax, focus on the sound of my voice" at first I lashed out moving further away. Roman gave me a small smile. "Its okay" he cooed.

"Relax" he whispered to me, his voice was so soft, and my body instantly reacted. I leaned into him as I slowly started to calm down.

"I'm here love, don't you worry" he kissed the top of my head and I melted into him. He cooed me, holding me in his arms.

This isn't right, that's what I keep trying to tell myself but what if it is right. What if this is what the moon goddess wanted for me. We were complete opposites but we made each other whole. His touch was warm, and I felt my entire body just shift to his.

"I'm here for you, okay" he leaned down kissing me. At first I felt embarrassed, and like I was betraying my brother.

But once Roman's lips pressed against mine, all the bad thoughts. All the anxiety, everything just floated away into nothingness. And I was at peace in his arms, I let his lips take mine, I let him dominant me. I loved it, every bit of it.

But how can I face Ian? How can I ever just stop being mates with someone-no not with someone...

With Roman?