🌑16.

Being back home was kinda hard to get use to. My room, and everything was still the same, nothing had been moved. I know I had only been gone about a month, but apart of me didn't really miss this house.

I had unpacked my stuff, I was in the middle of putting up the laundry that I was suppose to been fold up, and put away. To think it had been sitting there for almost a month. I stopped when I heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it" I say sitting down, the black graphic tee I was folding. In came Lydia, she was in a regular tee, and some khaki shorts. Her hair down in pigtails.

She closes the door, standing by my desk.

"Hi" she waves, oh here's a quick recap between me and my so called 'bestfriend'.

Lydia basically stopped talking to me after I left, and I did try to reach out that entire time I was with Roman. She avoided my calls, and text even when I was in school, and she saw me with the twins she would take a complete different path.

Lunch she sat with people she swore she didnt like, people we talked about on the daily. Finally I just stopped trying to talk to her.

"Hello" I say continuing to fold. "I know I'm probably the last person you wanted to see"

I don't say anything, just let her continue. "Look, I know we left off on really rocky terms but-"

"What do you want Lydia" she looks taken aback by my response. "I want my best friend back-"

I snicker. "That's rich coming from you"

"Evan" she pleads. "No Lydia, you wouldn't have to ask for your best friend back if it wasn't for the fact that you just dropped me." I stated, she hung her head.

"I guess I thought I couldn't compete" she says quietly. "Compete? Compete with what Lydia?"

"Everything. You found your mate, you had left Ian, and your family. You made a completely new family and friends. I guess I was just feeling like there wasn't any room for me-"

The words slip out faster than I can catch them "How dare you?" Her head snaps up.

"Before any and all of this you were my best friend, my sister, my other half. Why in the hell would you think you would ever have to compete Lyd?" Tears formed in her eyes.

"I dont know Evan, everything was happening so fast... And–and before I knew it you were gone, then you suddenly pop up at school with two twins. And I just felt like you were-"

She sniffled softly "Replacing you?" She nods. I shake my head. "Who was there when Melanie Marcus kept calling me a fag 8th grade, and beat her ass after school" I ask. She smiles slightly.

"Me" I sniffle with her. "And who was there when I got my first crush, but was so damn afraid to say anything that I ended vomiting" she laughs.

"Me" she answers.

It got silent, and tears were falling down both of our cheeks "And who saved me from almost killing myself. Stayed with me the entire night while I cried myself to sleep?" She rushed into my arms, sobbing.

"Me" she cried. I cried with her. "And you honestly believe that you of all people need to compete with anyone for me?" I manage to say.

"I'm sorry Evan" she cries. "I know lovely" I stroke her hair, she pulls away and we wipe each other tears.

"I'm sorry to Lydia" she nods. Hugging me again. "God I missed you" she laughs.

"I missed you more" she helped me finish cleaning up my room. Than we decided to catch up.

"So are you going back to Roman's any time soon" Lydia questions while we lay in my bed listening to music.

"No he thinks this is a good idea, me being around family again." I explain she nods. "And you're no longer a virgin" I smile, feeling my cheeks go red.

"Shut up" I laugh. "I'm just saying" she teases.

....

Unknown P.O.V

I watched Evan through the window, it was gonna be more than easy to take this pack. They were falling down at the seams, their alpha could barely keep up, and Evan was their weakness.

It would be to easy to take him out now, no I need to wait. I need to catch him when their all around, set an example. Let them see what exactly happens to the weakest link when it isn't forced to buck up. And once Evan is dead, my plan will be in motion.

He always was the weakest link, so once he's gone everything, and everyone will crumble making it that much easier for me to kill Ian, and reside over this pack. Giving it the alpha it deserves, the alpha it needs. Ian could never do for this pack the way I will. 

Then finally, I'll slaughter Roman Cane, and his Slayer wolves everything will fall into place. And I will have the most dangerous pack, in the land no one will be able to take me on. Not anyone. Soon all my moves will fall into place, like the perfect game of chest. In before any of them see it coming it'll be checkmate.