18

(Her)

It's so good to have Alec here. He is one of my closest friends. I have already introduced him to Collin and Harper but it was really quick as Collin was expected for a meeting in the packhouse. I'm taking care of Harper while Alec is emptying his luggage in the third room of the house.

"I'm surprised that Luna Eleonora didn't come to thank you yet." He tells me about coming into the living room.

"She will not come." I answer.

"Why?" He asks offended.

"I ask Melinda to cast a spell on her. She can't even hear my name without feeling repulsed."

He raises his eyebrow. So I continue:

"I think Markus is a hybrid werewolf and vampire. And he can see all Eleonora can see through their mate bond."

"Why no using it as our advantage? I mean if he can see what she is doing she is able to the same."

"Yes but there is a high risk he will notice her as she peeps in his mind. I don't want him to know that we know."

"Do you have any proof that he is a hybrid?"

"Nope but when I met him something felt off and he knows a lot of things about this pack. Information that only the beta and the alpha had. And don't see Aiden betray Liam or Liam betrays himself."

"Still using her could be really interesting."

"Why? He will die soon anyway."

"Maybe to know his motives."

"Darius thinks he wants to kill Eleonora because he found another mate and my father thinks he wants revenge as Liam stole his Luna. More because of his pride than his love for her."

"Probably...So how is everything here?"

"Fucking fantastic!" I answer him with sarcasm. "They were avoiding me at first and were suspicious of me and now they pity me. You know how I hate pity."

"Almost as much as you hate using title. So I suppose they know you're dying and why."

I nod: " Aiden and Liam heard Collin and I as we spoke about that and Darius told them the why."

"Why did you tell to that Gamma in the first place?"

"Long short story, he and Harper will come with us after Markus's death."

"Why? Where is his mate? He means for what I know you need to be two to conceive a child."

"No mate yet! And the mother is his twin brother's mate. They didn't know they have two mates they thought they had to share one. Anyway, the mother rejected her. So he is a single father for now."

"Ouch!"

"And you felt for his charm." He adds after a few seconds.

"No! Of course no!"

He laughs.

"Jesus you are on the verge. You really need to get laid!"

"Well I have a silent treatment form my boy toy so this explains that." I take a pause before asking him: "Do you will report everything to your Uhm, to him?" I asked him.

"I'm not here on his command but on my own free will. So no."

"But"

"So impatient! But I will let him know that you co-parenting a baby with the Gamma who lives with you in an isolated house where nobody will ever know what you are doing... And also that's Liam is feeling guilty as he knows you dying because of him. Who knows what guilt can make you do..." He says smiling.