4

(Her)

It's my third day here and my days are pretty similar. I'm working in the archives looking for any information that can help me to see things more clearly. How do you do to only poison the Alpha? For sure, you need to be close and to have his trust. You also have to have access to a lot of information for doing that...

When I'm not trying to understand the situation, I have to manage the members' problems which are pretty diverse. They didn't change their patrols' rotation even if they tried to make me believe they will. But I don't care it's their safety, not mine. If the fact their Alpha was poisoned is not enough for them to question their way, I don't know what they need. Of course, they are the strongest pack in the world but they have too much pride and confidence in themselves which is dangerous.

For lunch, I return to my cabin. When I'm not with Alpha Franck, I'm following by the Gamma. I learned it's Collin and he is not the one that insulted me. He is cold and never speak to me. Expect for the complaints from the pack's member, I don't have any contact with anybody.

What about the betas, my parents and my brother... They avoid me as the pledge. They didn't have any news from me for 9years and 2 months, still, they have nothing to say. Every time we met the last few days they looking at me the wrong way. If they miss me they are good to hide it. I can't say I'm surprised but it still pains me... I learn that my brother found his mate - Elena - 7 years ago. They have two kids, Kaiden (5 years in a few days) and Julia (10 months). They don't present me to them and of course, if I approach one of them, Aiden will kill me. I think it's the only words he told since I'm here.

~~~~

I arrive at my place, after another boring day. I don't know where is the gamma. Normally I can see him. It's not as he is hiding, he is sitting in front of my door. This is stupid, I still can sneak by the window in the bathroom or my bedroom if I want.

I'm cooking a Quiche Lorraine when I heard a baby cried. Where that come from? I start to look in the wood the house when I see Collin with a tiny baby in his arms. She is a little girl. Goddess, she is so beautiful. I started to walk toward him I want to hug her. But he backs away and growls at me.

"She is mine, don't touch here!" Someone is aggressive.

"Relax, I don't mean any harm to her. She is so beautiful! What is her name?" I say trying to calm him.

"Harper."

"Hello Harper, why are you crying little angel!" He lets me approach them this time.

"Why is she with you? Does her mother can't keep her?"

"There is no mother. Normally when I'm working she is staying with my parents but tonight they can't, my brother and his mate are there."

"Why didn't you ask for someone to replace you in this case?"

"Because I need to focus on something else. But she is crying and she doesn't want to calm down. She is not hungry, I changed her diaper, she doesn't want to sleep. I don't know what to do anymore."

He looks like a mess but I don't think it's only because of her cries. But I will not dig, it's his life and it's not like we used to be friends.

" May I try. Please!"

He finishes by giving her to me.

" Hello princess, calm down you are safe here." I say, balancing her. After a few minutes, she calms down.

"How? I tried everything for the last hour..."

"What can I say I'm good with babies! I'm kidding. How old is she?