33

(Him)

Where is she? We're playing with Aiden and Annie to hide and seek. It's my turn to find them. I have found Aiden 20 minutes ago but Annie is nowhere to be found. We're both worried now. She is his little sister but we're both very protective over her. It's Alistair nap's time and he didn't want to play hide and seek anyway.

"Do you think she went into the woods?" I ask Aiden.

"She wouldn't dare!" He replies.

We look at each other. Of course, she would dare. She is so curious and has no idea of the dangers around her.

"Damn, dad is going to kill me if he knows she went into the woods under my watch." He says.

"Let's find her before he finds out." I tell him.

We're walking for 10 minutes when I finally pick up her smell. She is not far. Suddenly we hear her laughing with her angelic voice, on our left. She is in the middle of a clearing a big smile on her face jumping everywhere. She is so breathtaking. She already was even baby. I still remember like it was yesterday, the first time I met her. My heart just stopped to beat. I really hope she will be my mate. My dream stops when I realize she is not alone. A man is here. Not a man, a vampire!

"Anna-Lynn don't go too close! He is dangerous!" Aiden screams running toward her. I run too to come between her and that Vampire.

"What are you doing here Vampire?" I say with disgust.

"Liam, he is my friend." Annie protests.

"Don't worry little alpha, I mean no arm." The Vampire says bowing his head.

"He needed help so I came." Annie tells us.

"Indeed, you save my life. I own you. This is a really precious thing you have here. I need to treasure and protect her. " The Vampire says.

"We will." Aiden says still in a defensive position like me.

"I hope to see you again Henry. It was nice to meet you." Annie tells him.

"I hope to see you again my little queen." He says kneeling in front of her.

She hugged him and kisses his cheek. Then he disappears.

"What was on your mind! Not everybody is nice. He could have killed you!" Aiden tells her furiously.

"He is right Annie. It's too dangerous to speak or help strangers. No wonder in the woods anymore too." I add.

"But-" she starts.

"No, but it's too dangerous!" I say.

She nods and bows her head ashamed.

"Let's go home before dad realizes we are not here anymore." Aiden says.

~~~~~~~~

"Annie, there you are. Everybody is looking for you. Why are you hiding." I ask her.

"Go away!" She tells me not to look at me.

"Are you crying?" I ask her.

"No! Go away I said." She says not looking at me. She's sniffing.

"Oh, Annie! Come here. What's wrong?" I say hugging her.

"Tomorrow is my birthday." She says wetting my shirt with her tears.

"I know, it's a big day!" I tell.

"What if I don't have a wolf?" She asks.

"Why you will not?" I reply.

"I don't know. I feel like I'm different. What will happen if I don't have a wolf" she asks again.

"It will change anything. You will still be my Annie." I tell her.