17

(Him)

I can't believe it! Rogues were able to kidnap Tom and Kaiden in their school! In the middle of the pack land! Nora and Elena met us when we crossed the border. They are taking off Tom and Kaiden - to the doctor to check them just in case - while we have an emergency meeting. I sent Anna-Lynn and that Gamma at home. I don't want to hear her telling me I should have followed her advice about the patrol's rotation. I don't need that now. I'm furious!

We are in my office with my father, Aiden, and Connor. We are waiting for Collin and Jake. The meeting will start when they will be here. I can feel Aiden is as furious as I am!

"How they were able to go until the school?" I ask Jake when he arrives.

"Somehow they knew how to avoid the patrols. They also killed the guard in front of the school even before he could warm us. It's Tom's teacher who mind-linked us. She got hurt during the fight. She is in the hospital. The doctor doesn't know if she will survive."

Fucking great! As if it was not enough it has to be worst!

"Still, they were able to leave the pack territory with our kids without crossing the patrol. What took the patrol so long when the teacher warmed them?"

"I am sorry Alpha, the patrol was far. They had split as they didn't where the rogues were going. They went to school and wanted to follow the rogue's scent by it was masked." He lowers his head in submission feeling Aiden and my anger.

"Don't be too hard with him Liam. You are too upset to see it but he is really bad. Moreover, you are the one who created the patrols rotation." Says dad through the mind-link.

"As soon as possible, I want a new patrol routine on my desk. You can go now."

"I'm sorry Alpha. I'm sorry Beta. I failed you both. I will accept my punishment." Jake says before leaving. Dad is right he looks so defeated.

"I let that happened. I was too confident to believe someone would dare to attack us." I say ashamed of myself. They could have killed Tom easily if it was their objective. If his teacher dies it will be on me. I sigh feeling totally defeated too.

"Don't be too hard with yourself son, the rogues were really well informed. They were able to avoid the patrol twice and they knew where to pass the border to be unnoticed." says dad.

"Your father is right don't be too hard. We all were too confident. Now we know we need to be in high alert." Agrees Aiden.

"I have to. I'm weak, I wasn't even able to shift to save my own son. His teacher might die. And I lost you" I say looking to Collin. " I need to be better. The pack needs me to be a better Alpha."

"What do you mean you lost him?'" Conner says pointed Collin.

"He means I will be leaving with Anna-Lynn in a few weeks." Collin tells him.

"You can't!" Says Connor

"My wolf chose her as his Luna. I will follow her as long as she lives. Does that mean I have your accord to leave?" Collin asks.

I nod.

"Why? You don't even trust her and you are ready to let my brother leaves with her!" Says Connor.

"I have just realized a bit too late how Harper was important for you. Sorry, it took me so long. Just know you will always be welcome here. It will be your home whenever you want. Also, an old sage told me you deserve your happiness and if leaving the pack means you will find it, I have to support you." I say directly at Collin.

"Thank you, Alpha!" He says deeply moved.

"What about us? I don't want to live without you in my life. You're my twin!" Protests Connor on the verge of crying.