6

(Her)

I'm feeling sleepy. It's my sixth day here and time is not flying at all like it normally does. I spent the all-day hearing complaints from the pack's member and trying to find a solution. It goes to a tree that is growing in between two houses – one of the owners wants to cut it when the other wants to keep – to two neighbors that can't stand each other. After half an hour, I learned they were high-school lovers and when she met her mates she ended up their relationship abruptly when he was hoping to stay friend because she was a big part of his life. The fact they started to speak the truth in the Alpha's office is a good start but it's a long way and maybe it will be more simple for one on them to move.

"You are good at that. I mean you are a good mediator." Says Alpha Franck looking at me with narrow.

 " Don't be so surprised!" I'm kind of feeling offended. I may not be a werewolf but what I'm supposed to be a bummer.

"You should accept the compliment little girl!" He says to be with disapproval. " What I mean is you are patient. You see through them easily and you win their trust quickly. You help a lot of people today Anna-Lynn. You behave as a Luna should." He finished his eyes full of questions.

I don't what he is expecting me to say. I'm an analytical person so I'm good to read between the lines. I'm a smart person and my degree in psychology might also help me. Who knows, I studied psychology like a hobby a few years ago but it's really helping now. I was already good to see thought people words before, now I'm even better.

"I don't know what you want me to say."

"You're not surprised by anything. Your questions are clever. You clearly know how to run a pack. I'm looking at you working for 6 days now and you are natural. It looks like you did it that all your life. So I don't think this is new for you."

"Did you hear about a pack with a human Luna. I don't think so. As you like to remind me, It's not possible to lead a pack without a wolf."

"How did you meet those Alphas who were there a week ago? What are you for them? How did you know about Alpha Markus?"

"Alpha Ezra and I have a common friend. Alpha Chris and Alpha Darius, I met them when I crossed their borders a few years ago. As for Alpha Markus, a friend advised me about him. I didn't do anything wrong and I have nothing to hide!"

"Still you are a mystery. You went missing for 9 years and we are not able to find anything about you. And it even starts before you left! I didn't go to school your parents registered you! So tell me Anna-Lynn. Why are you here? Are you looking for revenge? For another chance? I don't know what you will win form all of this and I don't like it."

 "Missing really? It's not as you tried to look at me! There is a difference between hiding and not wanting to share! You don't deserve to know! As for Alpha Markus, you have no idea how dangerous he is! You have no idea what will be the consequences if he kills your sons!"

"Still, what happens to Liam is not your concern."

"You're right!" I say getting up ready to leave, wanted to end this discussion. I can't stop myself before whispering: " I'm more worry about your other son." 

I'm going home, I don't want to stay here anymore. Home... I miss it. At least Collin and Harper make that easier. When I arrive they are playing together. It's a beautiful sight to see, bonding time between a daughter and her father. He is a good father and I don't even know if he realized that.

" Hey, I didn't hear you. How long have you been here?"

"Hey, I just arrived. She is a lucky girl!"

"You are here earlier. How was your day?"

"Boring. I had an argument with Alpha Franck?"

"You want to talk about it."

"No. it's not important. Can I hug Harper for a while?"

"I don't know." He said with a genius smile.

" Name your price."

"I'm hungry..."

"Hum... I see, what about a Ficelle Picarde and a Soufflé au Chocolat?"