31

(Him)

"Hey, son!" My father says entering.

"What do you want?" I reply dryly.

"What did I do this time?" He asks irritated.

"Hiding things from your own son!"

"It's not my secret to tell and what the matter tomorrow you will know."

"Why are you protecting her? You own her nothing!" I'm too irritated.

"I own her my life, Liam! Without her, I would not be here fighting with you! She used her body to shield mine!"

"Fine!"

"At least, can you give me a hint?" I ask a few minutes later.

"Sorry son, I know it's frustrated."

"She is not human, does she?"

"Don't you think it's obvious now?"

I nod:" Is she a Hybrid?"

"No."

"Do you know what she did to become what she is now?"

"She was born like that."

"What? That's not possible! She is not a werewolf, I would have felt it."

"No, she is not a werewolf." He sighs.

"Then what is she?"

"Look, I can't help you. You have to ask her."

I scoff: "As if she will answer!"

"She would have if we had shown her respect."

"I'm going to ask her now! I need to know."

"Good idea, maybe I will feel something." My wolf says.

"I thought you need rest. I'm happy to have you back but the more you rest the faster we will be able to shift."

He sighs: "I know but I'm as curious as you are."

That I can understand. "Fine you can try but if you too tired you rest."

My father is behind me as I'm walking toward my office. Hopefully, she is still there. I'm about entering without knocking when I change my mind. If I want answers I need to play nice. Damn, I never thought I would have to knock to enter my own office.

"You may come." We hear Anna-Lynn says though the intercom. As my office and its door are soundproof you can't hear anything from outside this is why there is an intercom.

"Liam, Alpha Franck! How can I help you?" She asks. She almost looks not comfortable.

"How was your meeting? Did you learn something n-"

Son! My wolf cuts me.

What?

I feel our son.

Are you sure?

As it was his clue, we hear Tom whispering: "That's my daddy, your uncle."

"Mommy said it's not because he is my daddy's brother that he is my uncle. She said he is too narrow-minded but I don't know what that's mean." Another voice whispers. Noah, I presume.

"Mom come to my office right now."I mind-linked her.

"I'm on my way. What's going on? Everything is fine?" She replies worriedly.

"Everything is fine, just someone you need to see." I cut the mind-link.

They are behind my desk, between Anna-Lynn's leg. Thank god for them my desk is huge, we can't see them.