29

(Him)

"Hey son, I heard Anton is here?" Dad asks entering our private living room.

"Hey Dad, yes. He's arrived yesterday."

"Great! I can't wait to meet him!" He says enthusiastically.

"Why? Do you know him?"

"Not yet but I heard a lot about him. I'm just curious."

"Well, I don't know where is he now. I didn't see him since he left with Anna-Lynn."

"How was she with him? Still angry? " He asks me.

"What? No. I don't think so. I don't know? Why she should be angry with him?" I reply.

"Because last time they spoke to the phone, well he was speaking while she was yelling."

"I would say she was surprised and pleased to see him." Says Aiden in my back.

"Pleased?" I ask.

"Oh come on! Didn't you see it? The way they're looked at each other. Anton is Anna-Lynn's lover!"

"Really? You're joking, right?"

"Where were you when he declared his undying love for her?" Aiden asks.

"He did not!"

"Goddess you're so blind!" Aiden Adds and they both laugh.

"For the record, I was too worried about an unannounced Alpha asking to come in my land to check Anna-Lynn's behavior." I defend myself.

"Still, Anton even did a sexual joke."

"What?! No!" I say.

"And she told you she was his. What more do you need?"

"She was lying! He's not her mate." I deny it all.

"Damn I wish I was there!" My dad says shaking his head.

"Where were you? I didn't see you since you went back. And I wanted to talk about the attack. Collin told me he lost consciousnesses rapidly with the wolfbane's gas. He was not able to tell us a lot." I ask happy to change the subject.

"The gas infested me too but not as much as Collin and Gamma Alec. I was shot but Anna-Lynn saved me. Alpha Chris and Alpha Darius came to save us and destroyed the rogues camp. The camp was nearby Alpha David's land, by the way."

"I know there is more. What are you hiding?" I ask him as annoyed.

"I can't tell you because it's not my place to tell you." He replies.

"What about your shoulder? Mom said she felt pain there. You were shot there no?"

"Yes but there is a Healer in the Blood moon pack. So I'm as good ad new."

"Wow." Aiden comments.

"What's about Anna-Lynn. How did she save you?"

"She shielded my body with her."

"She was shot too?" Aiden says worriedly.

"Yes, she was." He confirms

"And why is she still alive then?" I ask.

"The shot wasn't fatal... And she was healed by the healer too."

He made a pause as if he was looking for an explanation. I know he is lying and I would like to know why. This is so annoying!

"Fine!" I say no satisfied at all.

"Great. I should go now." He replies.

"You didn't answer my first question."