Chapter 2: Bubblegum

luke

It was 9:02 AM and I was already losing my shit. I was following the Secretary as she escorted me around the school which looked more like a museum. I didn't understand why she was doing this, I mean it's nothing exciting. I've seen a School canteen before, and a library, and the toilets. Ugh. Get me home already.

"Alright Mr Hemmings, if you would just follow me, I will take you to the Principal's Office, and we can get you all signed in!"

Great. I'm super excited.

I gave her a fake smile and tightened my knuckles around the strap of my bag.

"Okay."

After a few more minutes of walking down terribly long hallways, and past several classrooms, we finally reached a quiet hall with one door. the words "Principal's Office" were printed on the wood. There was a large window beside the door, so I could see the large man sat behind his desk, speaking to a pupil opposite him.

The secretary turned to me and smiled with rosy cheeks.

"He's busy right now, so we'll just give it a few minutes, alright?"

I nodded, not really rushing to speak to anyone right now anyway.

I noticed the small woman was looking at something behind me with a concerned look on her face. I turned to see what she was looking at.

It was a boy, with a long fringe, casually walking towards us. His gaze never met mine as he was scrolling on his phone.

Typical teen.

The Secretary, whose name I completely forgot cleared her throat as he got closer.

"Mr Clifford, shouldn't you be in class?"

The brown haired boy waited at least five seconds before replying. He was too busy being engrossed by what was on his phone.

"Hello to you too Susan, my summer was great, how about yours?"

Oh, Susan, that's her name. Hm, thanks for reminding me.

I couldn't help but smirk at this guy's sarcasm. He was definitely being a jerk, but it was kind of funny.

Susan sighed, crossing her arms as she glared at the rude teen who still hadn't looked up. What the hell was so important he had to look at?

"Please get to class, Michael."

Michael.

Michael was kind of a dick.

Michael continued to play on his Samsung, ignoring the teacher once again. He was definitely a troublemaker. Sure, I was bad, but I wouldn't have the nerve to do this. he even looked the part. His uniform wasn't worn correctly, his shirt wasn't buttoned to the top, so you could see the top of his chest, and he kept his tie in his shirt pocket.

He finally stopped walking and stood a few feet away from us. the rude boy hadn't even acknowledged I was there, it was like his eyes were glued to his screen.