Chapter 42: Forget

Luke

(same day)

It was finally lunchtime. I'm not saying that because I was hungry, I just needed a break from all the teachers talking. Honestly, the day was going okay, I was getting through it, that's the main thing.

As I entered the cafeteria, I grabbed a lunch tray to join the queue. After getting some food, I looked around, for where to sit.

Michael was the only person I ever hanged out with at lunchtime, so this was different for me. My eyes caught Ashton and Calum talking on a table near the back. I made my way over.

"Hey guys", I said.

"Luke! Hey!", Ashton exclaimed.

Calum waved, munching on an apple.

"Can I sit here?"

"Of course you can", Calum moved his backpack, placing it on the table.

I smiled, sitting beside him.

"So what's up?", I asked, eating some of my fries.

"Me and Ashton are debating about cartoons", Calum said. "He thinks Looney Tunes is better than Spongebob."

I chuckled.

"Because it is! You would know that if you were cultured, Calum Hood, but you're not!", he pointed his banana at the raven haired boy.

"I've never watched Looney tunes.", I admitted.

Ashton gasped.

"You shouldn't have said that out loud", Calum smirked.

"Oh my- Don't worry, Luke.We are definitely watching it at my house. I have all the box sets!", Ashton spoke.

I giggled. "Can't wait."

"Calum you're not invited", Ashton said.

"Bummer."

We all laughed.

"Excuse me?"

We all looked up to see two cheerleaders.

"Hello ladies, how can I assist you?", Ashton said, leaning his arm across the table flirtatiously.

Calum snorted.

I giggled quietly, playing with my food. But soon I noticed they were both staring at me concerned.

This was odd.

"Actually we're not here for you. We're here for him", one of them said, continuing to stare at me.

"Me?"

"Him?", Ashton frowned. "I hate to break it to you ladies, but he's not-"

"Ashton let them speak", Calum said. "Why do you want our friend Luke?"

"Aren't you Michael Clifford's boyfriend?", the other cheerleader spoke.

I raised my eyebrow. "Yes. I mean-No. I was, we broke up."

"And he's super sensitive about it. But me on the other hand-"

"Ashton", me and Calum said simultaneously.

"Sorry", he sipped his juice.

"Why do you ask?", I said.

I was curious. What would two cheerleaders wanna know about me and Michael?

"Well, we were walking to cheer practice in the third period, and we found him, like...on the floor."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean you found him?"