Chapter 47: Happy

Michael

As promised, I was waiting for Luke outside of the school gates, to walk him home. My body was leaned against a bench and my hands were in my pockets.. For some odd reason, I couldn't help but smile. It was a giddy feeling in my stomach, that somehow made it's way up to my cheeks.

It was a nice day, the sun was shining directly onto my face. I squinted my eyes, not minding the warmth on my skin.

I finally felt happy again.

Minutes later, my eyes caught the pretty blonde boy as he made his way down the pathway, speaking to Ashton, beside him. They noticed me as they edged closer, and Luke greeted me with a smile.

Before he could speak, Ashton approached me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Michael, buddy!", he sang. "What's up?"

"Hey, Ash", I smirked, not taking my eyes off Luke.

"Did I mention how much I missed you?"

Luke smiled, crossing his arms.

"I love you too, Ash.", I spoke.

"I love you", he brought me towards him. "You were waiting for me right?", he teased.

I rolled my eyes jokingly. "Of course."

Luke giggled.

The curly haired boy smirked, seeing we wanted to be left alone. "Only kidding. Alright you kids have fun, I'll see ya'll tomorrow."

"Bye Ashton!", Luke exclaimed.

"Later Ash", I waved.

Luke slowly walked forward towards me, a smile on his lips.

"Hey."

"Hey", I reached forward, placing my hands on his waist. He moved closer, kissing the corner of my mouth, before pressing his lips to my cheek.

"Ready to go?", I asked.

He nodded quickly. "Yeah."

"Cool", I held my hands out.

The blonde smiled, intertwining our fingers, as I pulled him towards the pavement.

We began to walk to Luke's house, hand in hand, further and further away from the noisy school.

Finally, we were alone. Just the two of us and the trees swaying above our heads. It felt amazing to be with him again. Like some kind of dream I had that I was experiencing for real.

We began to talk about eachother's days, and our weekends. The whole time, I didn't want our conversations to end. It all felt a little too good to be true.

Soon, we approached Luke's house, but before we crossed the road, the blonde stopped walking. I stopped beside him, still holding his hand.

"Everything okay?"

"Wanna go to the park?"

I followed the blonde's vision, to notice a big field just a few feet away. I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Oh! Sure, that sounds nice."

We picked a spot, far out, from anyone else. I sat on the bench, and looked around curiously at the content scenery - the trees, the beaming sun, and bright green grass.

Luke was still the prettiest thing in my vision.

The blonde was stood up, in front of me, watching me with curious eyes.