Chapter 15: What happened on Friday?

Michael

It had been three days since Ashton's party, and I still hadn't heard from luke. I felt like absolute shit. It was a disgusting Monday morning at school, and I didn't want to be here. I almost didn't come in, I only came hoping Luke would be here today so we could talk.

It was strange. He wasn't answering any of my calls or texts. Did I really piss him off that much? I just wanted our first kiss or first time to be special. Not a drunken haze we would both forget.

After checking the school playground, and detention, I figured he wasn't at school today. But then, as I was going to my first period I saw the blonde at his locker, piling books inside nonchalantly.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me."

I scoffed, immediately walking over.

"Luke?"

He peeked from behind the locker as he heard me, then squinted his eyes.

"Oh, sup."

"Sup? seriously? Where have you been all this time?"

He frowned.

"Um, at home? Dude, it's Monday."

"I know that!", I exclaimed. "I know what day it is."

"Why are you shouting?", he said slowly, placing his hands over his ears.

I raised an eyebrow, knowing the volume of my voice did not increase.

"Are you hungover?"

There was no way he could still be drunk from Friday, but he seemed weird.

"Maybe."

"What? How is that possible? From the party?"

"No, not from the party you moron", he closed his locker.

"I went out last night. It was my older cousin's birthday, and he invited me to a little gathering at his place."

"Your mom let you out?"

"I snuck out, and I drank way too much."

I smirked, as the blonde boy closed his eyes.

"There was so much beer.", he whispered. "So much."

"Shit, that wasn't a good idea."

"I know. Everything is so loud and I have a headache, I just wanna go home."

"It's cool you only have six hours to go."

He groaned and rested his head on the locker.

"Fuck you."

"Well, then why weren't you answering any of my calls?"

He opened his eyes to look at me.

"Oh, I left my phone at Ashton's house. I must have lost it at the party."

Oh shit.

"Oh. That makes sense."

"Why, were you calling me? What was so important?"

"Are you serious? Do you really not know what happened at the party?"

He thought for a moment and twisted his lips before shaking his head.

"No. What happened on Friday?"

Before I could answer, the bell rang for the first period.

"Ouch", he groaned covering his ears with his hands. "Stupid bell."

"Nevermind. Look, I'll see you later."

"If I'm not dead by then."

I smiled.

"Take care of yourself, okay? In fact here", I pulled my backpack off, and grabbed my bottle of water, handing it to him.

His eyes lighted up.

"Oh my god. You're the best", he took the lid off, slowly taking a sip before leaning against the locker, towards me. "And I really like your eyes."

I giggled, putting my bag on my shoulders as the blonde stared at me dreamily. Even when he was hungover he was still the prettiest person on the planet.

"I like your eyes too."

He smiled lazily, putting the lid on the water bottle.

"Now go to class", I said.

"Okay. Here I go, to my grave."

"Stop that", I chuckled.

He sighed, giving me a grin before leaving.

"Bye."

I watched as he sluggishly walked down the hall. I was happy that he wasn't ignoring me after all, but I still had to tell him what really happened. I just didn't know how.

---

a/n: my muke heart