Chapter 23: Homework

Luke

The bell had just rung for lunchtime, and I was at my locker, searching for a book for my Science class, so I didn't have to get it after lunch. As I was looking I noticed Ashton, Michael's friend approaching me. I guess he was kind of my friend now too which was cool.

"Hey, Luke!"

This dude was always happy it was actually refreshing.

"Oh, hey! What's up? Ashton right?", I greeted him with a kind smile.

"The one and only, brother. You coming to lunch?"

"Yeah, in a minute. I'm just looking for my book for Mr. Arthur's class."

The bubbly boy nodded, a smile on his lips.

"Oh right. We have him the fourth period right? Did you do the homework?"

I paused, turning to the bubbly boy.

"We had homework?"

He snorted. "Yes. The chemistry booklet? He gave it us like two weeks ago, it's kind of important, counts towards our final grade."

"Oh", I cleared my throat getting my book. "Of course, yeah I've done it."

Lie. Hemmings you completely forgot about it just like you always do with every piece of homework you get.

He raised an eyebrow, a smirk on his lips,

"Okay, that's good. You coming?"

I closed my locker.

"Yeah sure, let's go."

We headed to the crowded lunch hall full of hungry school kids. Ashton immediately grabbed a tray, joining the queue.

"Here", he handed one to me,

I noticed Michael across the room, sitting on top of one of the empty tables, on his phone.

"Um, thanks. I'll just be one second."

Ashton smirked as he followed my gaze.

"No you won't, but that's okay."

I turned to him and frowned slightly.

"What?"

"You really like him don't you?"

"Oh", I blushed slightly, brushing my hair out of my face.

"He likes you too. Like crazy. But don't tell him I said that. Go. I'll catch up with you guys later."

I smiled, nodding before walking away, towards Michael. He didn't see me he was too engrossed into whatever the hell he was looking at his phone. Loser.

As I got closer, he finally looked up and met my eyes, a smirk on his lips.

"I was just thinking about you."

I rolled my eyes, smiling as he locked his phone and put it in his pocket.

"Really? Because it seems like you were pretty hooked."