Chapter 6: Netball

Michael

There was nothing I hated more than gym class. Everyone got sweaty, and we actually had to move and do things. It sucked. But today was different because Luke was in my class.

On Tuesdays we did netball, and the class was split into two teams. I really hoped Luke would be in my team.

"Hey, trouble."

I turned right to see the tall blonde, walking towards me.

Now I gotta be honest when I say this. I'm not a very observant guy, I don't pay attention to people in general. In the gym, we have to wear white shorts, and yellow polo shirts its probably the least attractive uniform ever. But on Luke, it looked good. He looked good.

His legs weren't like everyone else's they were hairless and smooth. Well, they looked pretty smooth.

Was it weird i wanted to feel how soft they were?

I snapped out of it as I realized I was checking out the dude.

"Don't call me that", I smirked, looking at his blue eyes instead of his body.

He huffed and placed his hands on his hips as he watched some boys move a net in the middle, splitting the hall.

"What's the deal with all this anyway?"

I snorted.

"It's netball. Have you ever played?"

"Does it look like I play sports?"

I chuckled. He smiled at me, and I swear i felt something weird in my stomach. What the fuck was it?

"Follow my lead. I'm a pro."

"Okay", he sighed, stretching his arms. "Don't you guys, like warm up?"

"Not for netball."

"Well if I break a bone, I'm suing this school."

I laughed and shook my head. This dude already made gym class more fun.

"You'll be fine."

Before he could reply the coach blew the whistle.

"Okay boys, im gonna separate you into two teams. If you're number one you stand north, and two you stand south, it's that easy. Okay..1..2.", he began to assign numbers.

We moved away from each other so we could be on the same team.

Once the teams were sorted we were beside each other again. It was weird, it was like i was getting used to being beside him.

"Okay. Like I said, follow my lead, and you won't get hurt."

He rolled his eyes and laughed.

"You know I don't need you to protect me."

Suddenly a ball came out of nowhere, hitting him in the arm.

"Ouch!", the blonde exclaimed.

The coach blew the whistle, walking over to Ethan Macguire, who must have thrown the ball off guard.

"Macguire. foul."

Luke frowned.

"You dick!"

"Hemmings, language."

I couldn't stop the laughter coming out of my mouth.

"You were saying?"

Luke groaned, shaking himself off.

"Shut up.", he charged forward towards the net, coming eye to eye with ethan who had scared eyes, despite being taller.

"This is netball, not dodgeball you ass wipe."

Ethan held his hands up in defense.

"I'm sorry."

It was at that moment, that I knew this was my favorite school day, ever.

---

Me and Luke sat on a bench in the gym after the game and drank some water. All the other boys had already gone.

"So, it looks like you've officially experienced the entire private school torment.", I said.

He snorted, sipping his water.

"Yes, and I hate it even more now."

I smirked, turning to him.

"Really?"

He shrugged.

"It was alright, but the lessons still suck."

"Oh definitely. What have you got next?"

"German, Mr. Eagles, yuck. You?"

"History", I made a barfing sound. "Mr. Carpenter. I'd rather shit in my sleep."

He laughed, cringing at my comment. "Ew, dude! Who the fuck comes up with shit like that?"

I grinned. "I do."

He finished his water quickly before standing up.

"Alright, I'm gonna go. If I hit the showers now i'll only be ten minutes late for class."

I rolled my eyes, wiping the sweat from my face before wrapping the towel around my neck.

"You're such a goody."

"Fuck you, no I'm not."

I thought of something to say, wanting to talk with the blonde longer.

"Wanna meet again? To smoke after school, like last week?"

"Duh. But do you even have any cigs left?"

"I got new ones."

"Dude how do you get this stuff?"

I smiled.

"I have my people."

"Oh, so you're a dealer?"

I chuckled, leaning my head against the wall.

"I'm not a dealer."

He rolled his eyes in a playful, teasing way. I didn't want him to go, and I didn't want to go to History. I just wanted to hang with him, but I knew he wouldn't be up for skipping lessons just yet.

"Okay well, I guess I'll see you after school."

"Yeah. See you then."

Then he turned around and began to leave. My eyes couldn't help but look at his ass, in his shorts. It looked nice.

I smirked to myself.

"Don't hurt yourself on the way out!", I shouted.

"Fuck you.", he put his middle finger in the air.

I wish.

---

a/n: thanks for reading guysss! <3

love u all