Chapter 33: Lucky

Luke

It was the next week at school, and Chemistry was the first period. Today was the day we would find out our results for the test, and I was freaking out. I really hoped that what me and Michael did actually worked.

I made my way into the class, seeing most people were here. My eyes glanced at Michael's seat, to see he wasn't, which meant he was either ditching or was taking his time getting here.

I walked to my seat and smiled at Aaron who waved at me as I approached.

"Hey, Luke."

"Good morning."

"How do you think you did?"

I sighed and sat down in my chair. "I don't know. Hopefully I pass, but if not it's not the end of the world. I'll just have to retake next year."

"Don't doubt yourself, I'm sure you did well."

"Not as good as you."

He shrugged, getting a notebook out his bag.

"Say if I did fail, if we both did, I'm totally down with studying together."

I raised an eyebrow.

"You really need a study buddy don't you?", I teased.

Aaron smirked.

"Maybe. Or maybe it's just my excuse to try and hang out with you."

Okay. Shit. Shit shit shit. Damn my innocence and kindness. He's totally crushing on me! How did you not see this coming, Hemmings?

I laughed awkwardly and turned back around.

Luckily, Michael walked in just at the right moment. He waved at me, before sitting in the front row.

I stood up, and walked over to his seat quickly, knowing the class was about to start, but I needed an excuse to walk away from Aaron.

"Hey, Michael."

He looked at me and smiled. "Hey, baby."

"Do you have a pencil?"

He raised his eyebrow. "A pencil? You know I bring nothing to school but myself."

I rolled my eyes. "You're hopeless."

Mr. Arthur walked to the front of the class.

"Class, the lesson is about to start. Mr. Hemmings, please sit down."

I sighed and scurried back to my seat.

"So, after marking your papers last week, I can confirm that all of you have passed the test."

The class filled up with noises of relief and joy.

I widened my eyes. "What?", I said out loud.

I actually passed?

Oh my god. That means cheating actually worked! I can't believe we didn't get caught, and it seems Mr. Arthur didn't suspect a thing.