Chapter 26

WARNING: LITTLE TINY BIT OF SMUT

***

I think at the end of the evening we were both just sad and somehow done. His grandma had asked us if we wanted to eat anything and we both had denied. As if we both just wanted to stay here. Forever.

My body laid halfway on Phil again and at first it was innocent, as it often was, but then I started to kiss Phil's neck and suddenly it wasn't so innocent anymore. As it sometimes was.

At some point I was lying on my back and Phil was over me, while we just made out for a while. I just wanted that. Maybe I needed it too. A short time in which I could forget everything, in which Phil would let me forget everything.

My hands went up and down Phil's back, disappearing under his shirt. These were moments when I wanted to have everything I could get. Every piece of skin, every inch, every sound he made.

Phil propped himself up with one hand while he moved my chest up and down with the other. We ended the kiss, and I just tried to get enough oxygen into my circulation while Phil started to kiss my neck. He knew what he was doing and I had to hold myself together so I wouldn't be too loud, but fuck, it felt so fucking good.

As his hand touched my dick I held my breath. I closed my eyes shut. Phil's lips were still on my neck.

"Fuck."

"Okay?" Phil asked softly in my ear and I just nodded uncontrollably.

And then he did what he always did, but it always felt just as good. And to return the favour was also an activity that pleased me.

After both of us came and forgot for a moment that we were quite sad, we fell asleep.

I didn't wake up unexpectedly, had no nightmares, and in the morning I didn't wake up sweaty. For a long time I had just slept through quiet and I almost felt like a new person.

I realized where I was and snuggled closer to Phil's chest, hoping I might fall asleep again. Phil was a late riser and I just had to accept that. Just as I had to accept that I wouldn't fall asleep again.

That's why I gave up after fifteen minutes and struggled out of bed. I already felt at home here, so I had no problem moving around freely.

I walked down the stairs and heard Phil's grandma working around in the kitchen. His grandfather was always wandering in the morning with his pensioner friends. Maybe Phil and I would become like that too, when we're older.

"Good morning, Dan." his grandma smiled at me as I entered the kitchen. "Coffee?"

"Would be great, thanks." I said sleepily and leaned against the kitchen counter, next to the stove. I ran my hand over my face, what his grandmother just laughed at. She made pancakes.

"Slept well?" she asked, handing me the promised cup of coffee.

"Yes."

"It's always better to sleep next to someone you love." I laughed lightly and took a sip of the cup.

"That's so cheezy."

"But it's true." I grinned and nodded subconsciously, whereupon his granny grinned at me. His grandparents were funny and direct, I liked them. "Was everything okay with you two, yesterday? You both looked so sad and didn't even show up downstairs."

"Yeah, it's fine, we talked about it. It wasn't that important." I assured her and she only nodded, whereupon she distributed dough in the pan. I watched as the dough spread.

"He's so different with you, in a good way. I remember back when he first moved here, poor kid, he was just a mess." I looked up and her eyes met mine briefly before turning back to the pancake. "You know what happened, right?"

"A little bit, I know about his mom and a bit about Charlie."

"Between us two, I didn't like Charlie, and I think Phil turned into the good boy he's now after they broke up."

"Phil mentioned that he was different."

"Totally different, there are worlds between him now and then. He was very exhausting, we were very worried."

"Still, you let him live here." I stated.

"Of course, I can't put my boy on the street. I'm not his mother." She hated his mother and actually I was now firmly convinced that we all hated her.

"Thanks." I said at some point and she frowned. "That you didn't put him on the street."

She smiled at my statement and distributed new dough in the pan.

"Take some pancakes, you're definitely hungry."

I did what she said and sat down at the table with the full plate and started to eat. I watched her turn the pancakes in the pan and reminded me of how I had tried then and always failed miserably.

The moment, just sitting in the kitchen in the morning, talking to someone and watching the person making pancakes reminded me of my mother. I suppressed the thought, though it was almost impossible.

"How can you eat pancakes without me?" I heard Phil and looked up. He stood in the doorway and looked shocked.

"How can you sleep so long?"

And a few seconds later, he was sitting next to me and stealing pancakes as he ran my leg up and down under the table with his foot.

This could be every morning.

---------------------------------------------
vote for the smut, lmao.
gonna make some pancakes now.