Chapter 33

WARNING: AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR

***

Phil's POV

In fact, he just did it and ran straight all the way home. I wanted to stop him, calm him down, make him sleep at my place, but I was afraid of him.

I've have seen him mad before, but never angry and so aggressive. Honestly, he has never really been mad at me.

I was sober again. Dan was fucking high. He couldn't even walk a straight line and almost always fell. I also hoped that he would calm down on the way back, but that wasn't the case.

After about forty minutes of walking silently to Dan's house, he was still angry and slammed the door open.

"Dan!" I tried to get him out of his aggressive trance somehow, but that just seemed impossible. I ran in until we both ended up in the living room, where his father was standing, looking at Dan as confused as I was about an hour ago.

"Dan? What's going on?" He asked confused and looked at me, whereupon I tried to tell him that I had no idea what was going on either. That his son was just totally drunk, maybe I should have told him that somehow.

And then everything went so damn fast.

Dan went to his father, pushed him against the wall and then held him right there.

"Stop it, Dan!" I tried to interfere somehow and took a step forward.

"Don't!" He glowered at me. I stopped.

I heard Dan's father try to calm him down, but he didn't even manage to do so. Dan hit the wall with his fist.

"Daniel, get yourself together!" I heard his father say and then I only heard footsteps on the stairs. My gaze then went to the said staircase and I only saw Addy's gaze wandering to me with concern. She took a step closer to the living room, but I only shook my head. And she listened to me and just stopped in the middle of the hall.

I didn't notice much, it was like my brain was just filtering the whole thing. I only heard Dan screaming something with his mom. That she was dead. Then he asked why. And he asked that often. And the more he asked it, the sadder it sounded.

Then my eyes went back to Addy, who was just shocked and looked at me like a deer that was about to be run over. Then all I heard was a muffled sound and Dan laid unconscious on the floor. I couldn't move, swallowed hard.

Dan's father called the ambulance, told Addy to go to her room, which she simply did without another word.

"Did he take anything?" I heard his father ask and that completely tore me out of the trance in which I had been stuck for minutes. I had tears in my eyes.

"I don't know." I said quitly. He put his hand on my shoulder. I would have understood it better if he punched me in the face.

I ran my hand through my hair and just stared at Dan, who was still lying unconscious on the floor.

When the ambulance came, they took Dan with them. His father went with him. I stayed with Addy, who was still just sitting in her room. I had dropped on the couch and if I hadn't been so damn shocked, I would have cried at that moment.

After some time, I heard footsteps and saw Addy slowly padding into the living room. Very carefully. She had cried. At some point she sat next to me on the couch and we just sat there for a while.

"He hasn't been like that in a long time." she said quietly and I swallowed hard. "Did he take anything?"

"I don't know." I replied again. "I think so, but I have no idea."

She nodded. I buried my face in my hands.

"Fuck." I said after an eternity. "Why didn't I pay attention, fuck."

"You can't always take care of him. He has used drugs many times before."

"I know." I mumbled and let myself sink into the couch. It was raining outside. "He just went here. After he shouted at me. He just went here."

"All the way?" I nodded. "Shit."

Then we stayed there for a while. I stared at the ceiling, Addy took a blanket and covered herself. She asked if I was hungry, which I said no.

It was quiet, you could hear the rain drops hitting the window.

"How are you?" Addy asked after a while.

"I feel like shit. You?"

"Same. Then there are four of us. Welcome to the family." A sad laugh left me.

She snuggled into her blanket.

"You really love him, don't you?" She asked at some point.

"Yes." It left me silently.

"Thank you." I looked at her and she looked so damn sad that my damn heart broke too. But somehow I could cling to the hope that things would get better at some point. It had to get better.

"I like you too." I tried to loosen the mood and she rolled her eyes.

"Shut up." And we actually laughed briefly.

***
Vote? :)