120. Mission: Impossible

Three years before, the Armory had begun searching high and low for Bonnie Bennett. She had no idea what they wanted her for, but she knew that she could never let them find her. With the help of Enzo, and pills made of Rayna's blood that muted her magic and protected her from locator spells, she had managed to evade them, spending the last few weeks in a mental health center in Asheville, North Carolina, where she had managed to track down a woman called Virginia, who knew all too well what the Armory were planning.

"Turns out there's some kind of vault in the basement of that pretentious building," Bonnie told Enzo and Riley. "Sealed by a Bennett witch. Alex St. John wants me to open it."

Riley raised her eyebrows. "That's the big secret? A vault?"

"Apparently," Bonnie shrugged her shoulders. She picked up the pills from her secret hiding place. Gently, Enzo took them from her hands.

"You can't take these anymore, love," he sighed. "They're making you sick."

Bonnie glared at him in confusion. "What are you talking about? I feel fine."

Enzo shook his head, intense guilt causing him to stumble over his words. "The Armory was-was experimenting on Mary Louise. They forced these-these pills down her throat every day for the past three years and as a result she became... very ill."

Riley raised an eyebrow skeptically. "I've been taking the pills for as long as Bonnie has, and I'm fine. Plus... didn't Mary Louise blow herself up?"

"She blew herself up because she already knew she was dying," Enzo revealed. "And fortunately for you, Riles, the pills are only poisonous to witches, they have no negative effect on psychics."

Bonnie sat down heavily on her bed, a single tear falling down one of her cheeks. "I'm gonna die?"

Immediately, Enzo sat down next to her and took her hand. "I will not let that happen," he assured her. "I have a plan." He held up one of the pills and looked at Riley. "The minute those anti-magic pills wear off, Alex will be in contact. How long do you think you can evade her?"

Riley shrugged. "Not long, I still want her to trust me, remember?" Then she sighed. "But I can feed her false information for a while. After all, it's what I've been doing for the last three years."

"Good," he nodded, just as there was a knock at the door. "Here's the other part of my plan."

Opening the door, a sheepish Damon Salvatore stepped inside, glancing between Bonnie and Riley, wondering which one of them would throw him out first.

Bonnie stared back at him in disbelief.

"You invited him here?" Bonnie asked, glaring at her boyfriend with a look of utter betrayal.

"Actually, he followed Riley here from Memphis," Enzo announced, causing Riley to roll her eyes in annoyance. "But it doesn't matter, because we could use the help."

Damon stepped further into the room. "Bonnie-"

Immediately, she cut him off. "No! You don't speak to me. You speak to Enzo. If you have any ideas how to keep me from dying, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear them, but I don't want to hear one word from your mouth directed at me. You lost the right to my attention when you decided to leave without saying goodbye."

Enzo raised his eyebrows in surprise. He knew how much Damon's decision had hurt Bonnie, but over the years, he'd thought that even a small part of her would be over it by now. Apparently not...

"Riles, will you-?"

"Drive with Bonnie to the safe house so that you and Damon can sit in a car for three hours going over a far-fetched plan to save Bonnie's life and get the Armory off her back?" she finished Enzo's sentence. "Sure."