09

Lovelies this baby boy has now surpassed 1K reads! It's my first book to get 1K reads. I'm so happy T_T Everyone who voted, commented and gave this book love, Thank you. I can't express it with words. I hope you'd keep giving this book love! I love you guys!

So, early update uwu. Enjoy!

 Enjoy!

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

A sweet aroma filled Jeongguk's nostrils and made his stomach grumble angrily as he made his way towards the source of the intoxicating smell of pancakes being cooked. He hurriedly sat at the kitchen table that was already set up with pancakes, toast, jams and butter. He inhaled a few pancakes while checking his email. He was running late.

"Jeonggukkie" A feminine voice made Jeongguk look up from his phone screen. He saw his aunt sitting on the kitchen stool across him. Jeongguk flashed a smile at her.

"Good morning, Aunt Mina" Jeongguk said.

"Good morning. Eat slowly or you'll choke" She said, and reached to ruffle his hair.

"Aunty! Don't screw up my hairstyle. And I'm going to be late. I need to hurry"

"Aigoo you child, who's going to say anything if you run late? You own the place" Aunt Mina said.

"But Aunty!"

"No buts. Here have another toast" She said, placing a toast on Jeongguk's plate.

Aunt Mina, or Jeon Mina is Jeongguk's father's older sister. She isn't married so she lived with Jeongguk. She was now in her late forties. Jeongguk knew that she was really beautiful when she was younger and there's no way she couldn't have not found a man for her. All Jeongguk knew was years before he was born, when his aunt was arranged to be married to this guy, he had broken off the engagement a few days before the wedding. Which had made his Aunt depressed and faced a mental trauma that she had to go to therapy for three years straight because her condition wasn't improving. Apparently she had really loved the guy she was going to marry. But the guy had ditched Aunt Mina for money.

She could've owned their family business but when Jeongguk's grandfather passed away, Aunt Mina had still been in therapy. Not having been in the right mentality, her father had written the company to Jeongguk's father's name.

Jeongguk didn't know much but it hurt him that his sweet aunt had to go through such a catastrophe. His aunt had refused to marry anyone else after the incident.

When Jeongguk's parents fought and both of them completely ignored Jeongguk's presence when he was a kid and when the going was hard, it was his aunt that had always been there, comforting him, singing to him, calming him down. His aunt did what his mother was supposed to do for him. Even now, she acted like she was his mother.