14

_______

_
_
_
_
_
_
_

The small boy ran, gasping for breath. His heart thumped wildly in his chest. The cold air crashed on his face and exposed skin making the small boy shiver. All around him was thick black darkness. His shoe-clad feet hit the stony gravel with every hurried step he took.

Fear stricken, he ran and ran and ran, as fast as his small legs could take him, aimlessly, from whatever that was chasing him. He looked back from time to time, to catch a glimpse of the force that was chasing him but no avail. He was met with plain darkness. But he knew. He could feel it. The thing chasing him was nearing him. Maybe it was the darkness itself. He had no escape. So he kept running, not wanting to be a victim of the darkness.

He fell. His hands coming in contact with the gravel, bruising his small, soft hands. A cry threatened to escape his throat. Tears threatened to spill. But he can't let his weaknesses get to him. He tried to stand up but he found himself unable to. Sharp pain shot up his leg as he forced himself to stand up.

Tears made their way down his face, him having no enough strength to defy them.

He was alone and so lonely. When would the sun rise again?

A blinding light appeared in front of the small boy. He looked up, eyes narrowed, trying to block the light. In the middle of the light stood another boy. No. A man.

He was tall. His figure looked familiar. He started making his way towards the small boy on the ground.

The man's soft gold locks swayed slightly in the cold breeze. He was approaching the boy in the ground, who stared at him with big doe eyes. The man smiled, a warm boxy smile that seemed to warm up the air around the small boy. The man had his hands out-stretched.

The man took another step towards the small boy. But the ground beneath him opened up. Flames of hell fire blossomed around the man, burning him up. His mouth agape in a silent scream as his clothes caught up on the fire. He was burning.

The small boy watched in horror. He was unable to save the man, the person who had come to help him. The boy screamed and screamed. But the flames continued devouring the man, malicious; unforgiving.

A sad melody was playing around him. Someone's delicate hands playing with the keys of a piano. Amidst all the pain and anguish; music that would bring someone to tears. It only made the small boy cry louder. He watched the horrible scene unwinding in front of him, small, vulnerable.

As the man screamed silently; agony silenced by the roaring flames surrounding him, the small boy couldn't help but think the reason for the man's agony is only him. That he's the one responsible for the now burning man. That he should've helped him but he's just not strong enough to. So the small boy sobbed; loud and repentant and-