34

_______

_
_
_
_
_
_
_

Kim Taehyung stared out of the glass panels of his office that outlooked Seoul. Vehicles busily moved up and down grey roads and from the 10th floor of Tan Corporation Headquarters, they looked like tiny insects busily hurrying off to find food on a Saturday morning. The city below him looked utterly peaceful, moving on its own accord, people hurrying off to their jobs and well-planned days. It made Taehyung wonder why he was in such a mess. It shouldn't have been so. Not to him, the world's fifth youngest millionaire, someone who usually makes 5-year plans. Now here he was in his office after announcing an urgent meeting for the director board.

He let out an exasperated sigh. There was only silence that surrounded Taehyung as he stared, eyes unfocused, mind wandering places he couldn't possibly

keep track of. He unraveled his hands from behind him and checked the time from his wrist watch, a fine limited-edition Rolex one he had only bought last month. It showed that it was almost 12 in the afternoon.

No matter how much of a hurry he was in when he came home straight from the hospital after checking his father in, to rush off to his office, he wore a perfectly-ironed Gucci suit with his shiny black loafers and his blond hair was neatly combed back. He looked crisp and fresh and anyone would look at him twice as he walked by. He simply looked perfect. No matter how much of a mess it was inside his head, he knew to not give that away. He was the CEO of the country's biggest company. Of course, he'd been trained to look perfect in any situation. He shall never have any flaws.

The door to his office opened as a blond head walked past and Taehyung turned to see Jimin walking towards him.

"Is everyone here yet?" Taehyung asked.

"Yes. You can start the meeting now" Jimin said.

"I'm not going to tell them about father" Taehyung said in a small voice.

"Yeah you shouldn't" Jimin agreed. "Go in now. Everyone's waiting for you"

Taehyung nodded and walked towards the meeting room. He could hear the chatter from outside. The director board didn't sound happy as they seemed to be arguing. It only made Taehyung more nervous.

"It'll be fine. Just tell them what our plan is" Jimin assured.

Taehyung nodded and sucked in a breath and walked inside as two staff opened the door for him. The whole room fell silent as the CEO entered, all the men and women who were much older than Taehyung rose to their feet, bowing with respect.

Taehyung bowed back, nodding at them and took his seat at the head of the table.

"Wouldn't Mr. Kim join us today?" one of the older directors asked.

"My father wouldn't be here today. He was busy with some personal affairs" Taehyung smiled at the men and women before him. "Shall we start?"

-