38

_______

_
_
_
_
_
_
_

The moment Taehyung stepped into his apartment, Jeongguk's cheerful voice filled his ears.

"Hi! I made you some egg rolls! I learned to make them today. I'm not good at cooking. I hope these taste okay" Jeongguk chirped, flashing his bunny teeth at him.

Taehyung gave him a blank look. His heart clenched painfully the moment he saw Jeongguk smiling widely at him.

Jeongguk's eyebrows furrowed together in worry and confusion as he took in Taehyung's tired expression. He watched as Taehyung slowly and silently made his way to the kitchen counter and sat on one of the stools, slouching down on the table. Jeongguk followed him.

"What's wrong?" Jeongguk's voice was thick with worry. He was standing next to Taehyung.

"What happened?" He asked softly.

Taehyung lifted his head up to meet Jeongguk's doe eyes. They were dark as midnight. A thousand emotions swarmed behind those black irises. A million stars and galaxies hid behind them. His eyes were lacking that sharpness. That blossoming passion. Instead they were soft and gleaming; thick with worry.

Jeongguk was artistically stunning. Taehyung had wanted to paint a few dozen portraits of him. He thought he'd have time for that. Not anymore, it seems.

Jeongguk was sweeter than a bowl of cherries. He was strong and passionate, determined, witty. He worked the way he loved. He was loving and hard to not fall in love with. He is the one who showed Taehyung the paradise beyond the horizon. He is the one that made Taehyung break apart from his stupid beliefs. Jeongguk was too precious for Taehyung. To precious for him to let go of.

Jeongguk was Taehyung's other half. He completed Taehyung. He connected to a part of Taehyung that others had never felt. When he's with Jeongguk, he could always be himself without resistance. And every time they're together and far away, just like their love, Jeongguk felt more real than the blood in Taehyung''s own veins.

He was simply perfection in every way. He was Taehyung's safe haven. Even now, as he stared at Taehyung with those ravishing dark eyes dripping worry, he was enchanting and...dependable?

Jeongguk was beautiful in every way possible.

A single tear rolled down Taehyung's cheek as he stared at Jeongguk's diamond eyes. And then another. Then another.

"Taehyung!" Jeongguk cried as he wrapped his hands around the older, cradling him. Taehyung let his tears fall soundly, basking in his lover's warmth, being rocked back and forth.

He didn't want to be this weak; this helpless. But this was the true Taehyung. Not the Kim Taehyung of Tan Corporation, the man who controlled the empire his grandfathers built. Not that seemingly powerful and strong man everyone saw. No. He wouldn't show his true self in front of those people. Not even in front of his parents. He only felt safe revealing himself in front of Jeongguk.