32

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

Jeongguk opened his eyes to a pitch black darkness. In his sleep-driven confusion, his backgrounds came to sense, as the happenings of a wild night came in to his memory. But at that moment he was feeling too warm. And his throat was dry as a desert.

Taehyung had an arm wrapped tightly around Jeongguk's naked waist and his head was on Jeongguk's chest. Jeongguk smiled, his memory lane providing him more sweet memories of a few hours prior.

He looked around but hardly anything was recognizable, as there was no source of light. Jeongguk slowly snuggled out of Taehyung's hold, careful not to wake up the older and blindly reached for his phone on the bed-side table.

Upon finding it, he checked the time. 2.30 a.m., it said. Jeongguk wasn't surprised to having woken up at such an ungodly hour. He had barely gotten any sleep in the last few weeks, after he and Taehyung broke up. Now he had gotten used to getting little to no sleep at nights and when he did, waking up around this time every night. But he had gotten a deep sleep that day as he had slept with Taehyung by his side. There was someone, or rather, his lover by his side to offer him warmth.

Jeongguk took the bottle of water on his bedside table and gulped down half of it, trying to quench his thirst. Then he stood up in the darkness, wincing in pain as he did. Taehyung had gone rough on him the previous night. And they had fucked for hours. But Jeongguk wasn't complaining. At all.

He walked to the wide window with glass panels. It out-looked the city. Jeongguk's vision was infatuated by Seoul city lights, lit up even at this time of the night. The roads looked tiny from up there. A car or two would speedily drive through them. The clouds had embraced the moon, making no light seep through. No wonder the whole room was basked in darkness.

Jeongguk stood there in front of the glass panels for a while, stark naked. The sky was strangely dull. The night, eerily silent. It was like the silence before a storm and it unnerved Jeongguk.

His mind wandered places as he stared at the starless sky. The previous day felt like an emotional rollercoaster. The morning and evening felt like they were an eternity apart. Like a mirror reflection of himself, it's still him but it still wasn't.

He was so confident that after that day he'd be starting himself a new life. A life without Taehyung. But the universe decided to give him something much better than alone healing time. She gave him back his safe place: Taehyung.

The morning was filled with so much conflicts. His aunt and dad were there and he was glad that he was busy enough to not approach them until the event was over. He also remembered seeing that man with a scar on his face, whom Jeongguk had met in his house the other day with Jin. It was suspicious of him to be at such a place as a conference. But Jeongguk saw him at the back of the hall. Jin was there too so he probably came with him. But...why was he with the staff of Taehyung? Jeongguk guessed Jin must really be making some dollars, working with both Jeongguk and Taehyung. He shrugged off the uneasiness the man with the scar made him feel.