Day 7. Hot Wheels

Arguing with mom about trick or treating wasn't fun. Just because I was in a wheelchair didn't mean I couldn't have fun. I deserved to go trick or treating. It was always my favorite part of the year even before I ended up in a wheelchair from a car accident.

But dad was the one who convinced her. . . after he disappeared into his workshop to craft the best costume he possibly could. He promised me it would be the most fantastic costume I would lay my eyes upon and knowing my dad I believed him.

After all he put the wheels on my wheelchair that allowed me to go hiking as he knew how much I missed hiking. So here I sat in my wheelchair blindfolded as mom reluctantly rolled me into dad's workshop before stopping and then a gasp left her mouth. "Take the blindfold off." 

And then mom let the silk fall off of my eyes where dad stood. Except he didn't just have a costume that was ninja themed but an automatic wheelchair that was decorated in ninja like designs making a grin hit my face as mom pushed me forward a little bit.

"If any kids pick on you run them over." Dad joked as he handed me the costume setting it in my lap and I smiled before he leaned down to give me a hug before I transferred over to the new wheelchair with a grin on my face as dad smiled.

"Glad you love it kiddo."

And the costume and wheelchair was something I would cherish into my older days. With the silk touches on the costume and straps that went into blade thin strips and tied together as they turned to leather making a dangerous yet seductive costume.

Something I would appreciate for years to come.

299. It's eh. * * *

 * * *