Day 11. The Taste of First Place

The tack room was silent as I put the saddle up on the rack. The smell of horse and hay filled my nose as I heard the people of the states hunting and jumping ring leave. A first place ribbon hung off of my coat and my horse; Dreamers Ride; aka Dream had his reef on.

But now came the boring part cleaning up. The stable I rode at was expensive and I cleaned up some of the stalls to board my horse here and get lessons. The rest my dad paid for. I worked off the rest of the money.

But it was worth it for my riding skill and being able to have dream. After cleaning my saddle I turned around and walked to Dream's stall. He was in eating some hay. I had cleaned the stalls in the morning all I had to worry about was him.

My eyes glanced at the empty stall across from me where the name: Legend happened to be. Rider's Legend. I shook my head refusing to go back to that time. And in I went. I ended up closing the stable.

And I agreed to that as I picked Dream's hooves before patting him down. "Good Boy you got first." I told handing an apple over. I smiled at him.

"First place huh? I'm surprised you got that far Lilac." I froze up at that voice.

I whipped around taking him in. My breath was caught in my throat.

"I thought you were dead."

Elijah smiled at me. I froze and looked at Legend's stall and back at Elijah. "Seems to be I'm not." Elijah spoke with that cute smile that got every girl here wrapped around his finger. "Your supposed to be dead." I spoke.

"You and Legend missed that jump. Legend had to be put down. . . and you, that pole went right through your stomach." I spoke and he smiled lifting up his shirt showing where it went through and I stiffened at the pale color of his skin. "I would of been the winner of this show." Elijah spoke.

"First place tastes good doesn't it?" Elijah asked as he crept forward. "Don't come any closer." I warned him. "Why Lilac, you use to watch me with a blush constantly. Like all the other girls. You'd watch and oh and awe over me but use Legend to get close to me. She did like you." Elijah smiled.

And then he was in front of me. His cold hand grabbed my chin as he watched me. And then he kissed me. His lips were just as cold before he bit my lip and I shoved him away.

"This is what first place tastes like." Elijah spoke grabbing me.

"And love we'll be winning a lot. And don't tell anyone about me. Or else you'll be the next 'accident' here." Elijah snarled in my ear. "I was one thing Legend was another." And helpless to him I was.

486. Had to shorten it a little. But I am incredibly proud of this entry! So happy about it. Horseback riding is a sport, very competitive for sure. * * *

 * * *