Transmission from an Admiral

Admiral Marcus sent a message for me today, so I went into my quarters to view it. Starfleet has been looking into the events that happened during the Klingon attack. When I received his message it was about my parents. "Lieutenant (Y/n) (L/n), of the USS Enterprise, I hope this message finds you in good health. I am sending this Subspace message about your Mother. As you know over the past several years Starfleet has been looking into the attack and its victims.

"We found something we had not been made aware of when you first enlisted in our program. It was assumed that both of your parents were human. Recently they uncovered the remains of a single Vulcan woman around where your father was located. Using our DNA mapping systems we found that she was in fact your mother.

"Her name was T'saath (L/n). She was married to your father, an Earth Ambassador, Clark (L/n). We ask that you notify your ships Doctor, McCoy, so that he might make the necessary adjustments in your file. If we find any further data about your parents we will send the files to the Enterprise." I blinked and turned off the screen.

My mother was a Vulcan... which explained a lot about myself personally. Yet... that didn't explain my memories of her. Scratching my head I decided to tell the Doctor while there was a break in my work. Walking down the halls was quiet as always, most everyone on the ship was at their stations.

I didn't get far when the Red Alert sirens went off. My place was in my lab, so I had to head there at least until the alert status was over. I started by locking down the lab. Securing unsecured areas and animals. Making sure my specimens were stable. This took me about twenty minutes and by this point the alert was deactivated. "(Y/n), I need you on the bridge."

I looked to my communication controls, I was a little surprised they were still active. "On my way." Stopping what I was doing I headed to the lift so as to get to the bridge. When the door opened I stepped out and walked into something solid. Stumbling back a few steps I opened an eye with my hand held to my face. Standing unmoving before me was a man in a blue shirt. One of the newest crew members as I recall. "Sorry."

I mumbled and stepped around them. They didn't answer, didn't move to even look at me. I paused, their arms were crossed and eyes closed. My brow furrowed. "(Y/n) over here. I'm going to debrief you on what has occurred." I turned my gaze to Spock. He seemed to be eyeing me as I stared at the strange man. Deciding it wasn't worth the trouble I walked away and towards Spock.

He explained to me that the man was in fact an Android that had taken over the ship. That any tampering with the vessel would result in our emanate death. I nodded, as he explained the systems that were not to be touched should I assist Scotty in engineering. After informing him that I understood I left the bridge and headed down to Sickbay. I needed to give the Admirals report to McCoy so he could make the necessary adjustments in my medical file. There was also the possibility of him wanting to run a few tests.

When I arrived with the disk in hand I looked around. "Doctor McCoy?" Usually he was looking at someone who burnt themselves or really anything. Even just a check-up but the place looked pretty deserted. Perhaps he had gone to replenish his supplies? Seeing as I had no projects waiting for me today I sat on one of the chairs and waited. I couldn't help but stare at the disk in my hands.

Every time I thought I had put the past behind me it always just seemed to come back up. I almost wondered if I had done something incorrectly. If there was perhaps something else I was supposed to do? But what else was there. Kirk and I talked about it. I told McCoy, Scotty and Spock about it. I have become a scientist in starfleet with varying degrees in engineering and medical practices.

What else was left? What else could I do to make this go away? I let out a long sigh just as the doors opened. "Huh, (Y/n)? What are you doing here? You weren't do until later today." I held up the disk.