Delegates

I can't believe I'm being made to do this. Currently I was in my quarters getting into my dress uniform with a spit polish, all because I was being forced to go to this delegate meeting. Adjusting my collar I walked and met up with Kirk, McCoy and Spock in the hall. "-114 delegates aboard for two weeks. 32 of them ambassadors. Half of them mad at the other half, and a whole lot touchier than a raw antimatter pile over this Cordidan question."

As we walked the comsystem whistled. "Kirk here."

I rubbed my eyes slightly. This was going to be a long two weeks. "Shuttlecraft approaching with Ambassador Sarek's party. Estimate arrival, one minute."

A really long two weeks. "Bring them aboard, Mr. Checkov." I continued to follow them through the halls of the Enterprise. Checkov announcing over the PA that we were on standby to recover the shuttle. We made it just as the shuttle arrived. I stood between McCoy and Spock at attention.

Placing a hand on my shoulder McCoy turned to Spock. "How does that vulcan salute go?" Spock held up his hand, I watched McCoy try to copy him but failing. "That hurts worse than the uniform. Can you do it, (Y/n)?" I let out a sigh and without a second thought held my hand out exactly like Spocks. "Must be that Vulcan biology that allows you to do that so easily."

Lowering my hand I went back to attention. "Captain James Kirk."

Must be here already. "Captain."

It didn't take long for Kirk to walk into the main area with us waiting. "My first officer, Commander Spock."

I glanced from the corner of my eye, noting a small resemblance between the two Vulcans. "Vulcan honors us with your presence. We come to serve." Spock did the salute, but the man just seemed to stare at us. Almost like he was scrutinizing every move we made or word we said.

Without a word he turned back to the captain. "Your service honors us, Captain." I stiffened slightly, adjusting my stance. As Kirk thanked him.

Moving on we continued. "Chief Medical Officer, Dr. McCoy." With a small word from McCoy got the salute from the Ambassador. Which I thought was strange, because he didn't do that for Spock. "Finally, my Lead science officer, (Y/n). She is proficient in.. well almost everything."

I gave a small nod, but seemed to get the same treatment that Spock received. I didn't really care, just thought of it as odd. Kirk led the group out a little further. "My aids, and she who is my wife." He held out two fingers, I watched carefully as a human woman walked past and placed her fingers over his.

My head tilted slightly. "Captain Kirk."

Kirk smiled. "Our pleasure, madam. As soon as you're settled, I'll arrange a tour of the ship. Mr. Spock will conduct you."

Without even flinching he disregarded that thought quickly. "I prefer another guide, Captain." The atmosphere was tense, like any words shared would be a diplomatic incident in waiting. Still, Kirk relented and we moved on.

Spock... almost seemed hurt by this. "Mr. Spock, we leave orbit in two hours. Would you care to beam down and visit your parents?" I just stared at the Kirk... I thought it was obvious?

I cleared my throat slightly. "Excuse my intrusion, Captain... but I believe that Ambassador Sarek and his wife are, in fact, Spock's parents." The woman smiled, looking mildly impressed, Kirk just looked shocked. With that I was dismissed back to my lab, which I hastily agreed to and left the party behind. It didn't take long for Spock to find his way into my lab. Not that I could blame him. "Getting a little to tense with your father, Mr. Spock?"

He sat in the chair at my desk. "Quite. Thankfully your lab is quiet, secluded. I see why you spend so much time here, away from the noise that occurs around the ship." I nodded slightly. That was definitely one way to put it. Taking my petri dish back to the incubator I walked over to my desk. "We haven't had a chance to discuss what Mudd said some time ago. About you being Vulcan."