▪ Chapter 12▪

Namjoon P.O.V

The ride to Jimin's house was painfully quiet. Every time I glanced over at him he would be either sniffling or whipping his eyes.

I knew he liked me, butt I didn't think it be this bad. I never thought what we had would last this long, I thought it be longer.

"Namjoon?" Jimin croaked.

"Yes Jimin." I answered immediately hoping for him to look at me.

He whipped his eyes once again before leaning back and turning his head to face me, "Why did you pick me to be your assistant? Out of everyone you could have had, why me?"

°•°•°

My father stood infront of the window with his hands behind his back, he always made me nervous in a silence. When he turned to look me in the eye he sighed, "Son."

"Y-yeah?"

"Your tie is loose fix it now." He rubbed his temples before sitting down in my soon to be office chair, "Today is the day you meet the new interns, one of them shall be your main assistant, choose whisely."

As I was redoing my tie I noticed how tense my father was, sitting infront of me watching me mess around with my black tie.

"Father?" His eyes met mine and the pressure that was surrounding our conversation slowly made it's way up to my neck, "Are you proud of me yet?"

I should have kept my mouth shut because as soon as the words fell out of my mouth his jaw snapped and his brows furrowed, "What do you think?"

I held my breath before looking down at my hands, "I can always do better. . ."

His cold laugh stabbed at my chest before he stood up, "That's my boy." He began walking towards the door and opened it, "Lets go. Everyone is waiting for us."

I nodded my head as I stood up, looking at my reflection in the window one last time before making my way towards the door. As my father closed the door we made our way to the next room and there stood all the new interns, this was there welcome abroad meeting but before that I had to talk to each of them and find which one would be mostly useful for my future on success.

As I looked around the room I spotted a younger looking fellow. He was short and had blond hair, his suit fit his body nicely and his eyes where directed away from me when I looked at him. His hands were placed together in front of him while his feel where together. Compared to the others he was pretty small, not just in hight, but his body proportions as well. One thing that stuck out to me was how strong his legs looks, his waist was thin and then he looked nicely built. He was a very attractive young lad but I had to look away before it was obvious that I was staring.

When I looked at everyone else it had only hit me that there were six people so this should have been fast.

My father cleared his throat and put on a friendly smile with his serious tone, "Welcome everyone, now if you'll all be so kind to take a seat at around the room that would be nice. My son over here will be your boss so I shall let him take over from here."

When he looked back at me and took a step over to the side i noticed that the young blond was watching my every move, he looked like he was blushing. "Hello, my name as you may know is Jim Namjoon but you may ball me Mr. Kim. I will be pulling out each and every one of you for a personal talk in my office to explain to you your roles and what your job placement will be. I hope we can all get along and make sure that this is your first and most successful job."

My father nodded at my words and walked over to a chair, "Until your turn is up may I ask all of you to start working on some of these papers?"

Everyone nodded as my father pointed to a stack of papers. I smiled softly to myself before watching my father's next move. He cleared his throat before giving me a paper that had the names of everyone on it. He placed one hand on my should before leaving, "Choose wisely."

I looked at the paper and smiled, "Um, Mr.Park?"

The small blond jumped before looking up at me, "Yes?"

"You're up first."

As we walked out of the room and over to my office he handed me his files. When we sat down at my desk I opened it up and began reading his profile. His handwriting was neat but cute at the dame time, "It says here that you're only eighteen?"

He nodded, "I just graduated a few months ago."

I smiled, "I'm only nineteen so don't worry about being young."

He smiled, "I'm the youngest one here today. Everyone else is 20 or more."

His small laugh sent chills down my spine. The further I read down the paper the more interesting I found him. "Good at math, excellent in managing time, it says here you're someone who is great at talking to others. . ." I smiled as I continued reading down the paper.

He laughed, "If there is anything you want to know about me you can ask?"

I laughed, "You're resume looks perfect. And you've really showed excellence in filling out everything with the perfect amount of information." He began blushing, "It's very hard for things like this to surpass my attention. I don't usually go easy on interns before they get hired but you're very lucky."

He smiled brightly, "So you have in mind a place for me?"

I had just remembered that I had to be looking for someone to be my assistant and I smiled widely. "I think I have the perfect job slot for you. You see yes you'll be filing papers and filling out other things while completing multiple tasks but I think I want you as my assistant. It's not that hard of a job but at the same time you'll find it that you'll get around the office more and that your paychecks will have a pleasing amount of money on them monthly."

His eyes sparkled at the tone of my voice, "Really?"

I nodded my hand and held out my hand, he gently took it and shook my hand, "Welcome aboard Jimin. I'll be happy to work with you."

°•°•°

I smiled at Jimin and shook my head, "There was just something about the way I talked to you that day that made me want to have someone like you in the workplace."  Jimin laughed at me before looking into my eyes as I pulled into his driveway, "I make a really good dision that day."