▪ Chapter 22 ▪

Namjoon sat at his desk, folding with a red and black pen, beating them on the deak top like drumsticks. He looked at his clock and sighed, it was only 11:10 and he was already ready to go home.

He knew leaving would not only make him look bad, but he knew he couldn't bring Jimin with him because they were supposed to be on a break.

Namjoon sighed deeply as he looked at his desks phone. A small red light was blinking, he sat up knowing that it ment someone had left him a voice mail. He reached forward and pressed the small button next to the light.

"You have two new messages." There was a small pause, "Message one - Namjoon. . . Joonie. . . I know we are on break right now but I. . . I can't do it. . . I need you back in my arms, it's hard to focus at work knowing I can't even touch you. . . I miss hearing you whisper sweet little nothing's into my ear, I miss holding your hands in mine, I miss the taste of your lips, and the scent of your breath when you spoke closely against my face. . . I miss you Joonie, come find me soon. . . I love you. Message one over."

Namjoon bit his lip and looked out the window, he shook away his thoughts and clicked the next button. "Message two - Son. . . Mr. Kim. . . Namjoon my boy." Namjoon sat up once more with his eyebrows furrowed, "If you receive this I just want you to know that I shouldn't have argued with you in your office. That was quiet the unprofessional thing for me to do, and the wrong thing considering you're my only son. The truth is you've made me and your mother so proud, I raised you well but now I see it wasn't good enough to make you forgive your old man. I'm sorry I snapped at you and I forgive your decision for kicking me out of your building predominately. I tried to visit to tell you in person today and I was kicked out by secretary." Namjoon's posture settled down to a more relax tone, he was hearing our the recorded message that was sent by his dad, "I'm proud of your successful business and am glad to call you my son, until I know if the dating scandals are true or false I don't think I'll speak to you kindly in person. I just want what's best for your future, I know the public's eyes are harsh, that why I care so much. Well anyway, that's all I needed to say, Goodbye."

Namjoon sat in his desk chair dumb founded for a moment, he didn't know what to say or do.

Outside of Namjoon's office

Jimin let out a small whimper as his back slammed against the wall behind him. He looked up, tears forming in his eyes as he tried to stand up for himself.

A girl was standing there with her hands on her hips and he eyes glaring down, a vicious smile forming across her face as two other men stood at her sides.

Jimin got up and was kicked back down by the girl, her heel jabbing the youngers stomach hard. Jimin fell down in pain and grabbed at the tender area. One of the boys walked around and kicked Jimin's back, "Whore!"

The mocking laugher of the three chimed in Jimin's head, he started crying as the pain of all three people beating him became to much to bare.

Suddenly it all stopped, the girl leaned down, "If you ever mess around with Namjoon again we will break you."

As he heard the clicking of her heels disappear, Jimin struggled to stand up, he looked at his faint reflection in the window and sighed, He had a bruise forming around his eye.

As Jimin grabbed his papers off the ground he paused at the sound of foot steps, he became fearful as to wondering if the group was coming back for more. He braced himself and jumped when Jungkook walked around the corner.

Jungkook smiled, "Jimin, why are you-" he paused in shock and pulled Jimin to his feet, "What happened to your eye?" He grabbed Jimin's wrist.

Jimin flinched at the contact and hissed at the pain he felt throughout his body, "A few people who work on the third floor. . ." He looked down and bit his lip, "I fell that's all."

Jungkook shook his hand and grew angry, "Who did this to you. I know you didn't fall, what happened!" Jimin began sobbing historically as he wrapped his arms around the younger male, Jungkook patted Jimin's back, causing him to whimper in pain, "Jimin?"

Jimin looked into Jungkooks eyes, "A girl and two other men from the third floor stopped me from going upstairs and threw my things on the ground. Then they started to hurt me. They kicked me, yelled at me, called me a whore, I got punched in the eye and thrown against the wall multiple times. . ."

Jungkook grew angry, "We have to take this up to Namjoon."

Jimin didn't even think about his reasoning with the statement. He just nodded his head and walked with Jungkook around the hallways untill reaching the main cubicals.

People looked up in shock to seeing Jimin with a black eye and tears in his eyes. They walked straight up to Namjoon's door and that's when Jimin stopped.

Jungkook took in a deep breath and knocked on the door. A muffled voice granted access to come in. Jungkook open the door, Jimin shyly following behind him, hiding from Namjoon.

Namjoon raised one eye brow, "What's up Mr. Jeon-"

"We have a slight issue to deal with. It involves Jimin." Jungkook stated.

Namjoon raised his eyebrows, "What the . . . Issue . . ." Namjoon looked closely and noticed Jimin hiding behind Jungkook, "Jimin?"

Jimin sniffled before taking in a deep breath, stepping out from behind Jungkook, he looked up and then slowly turned his head and began sobbing again as his body began hurting.

Jungkook sighed, "Jimin was attacked by three members who work on the third floor."

Namjoon stood up and walked over to Jimin, "Jimin what all happened?"

Jimin looked up and pouted, he moved close and gently placed his face in Namjoon's chest and began crying.

Jungkook looked at Namjoon, Namjoon looked at Jimin and began to worry, "Jimin, you need to tell me what happened to you."

Jimin looked up, his lips dangerously close to Namjoon's. "Okay."