▪ Chapter 17 ▪

Namjoon P.O.V

The wait for Jimin to get back out to my car was killing me. Why would he want me to park away from his-

Oh yeah that's right, we can't be seen together by the public's eye by ourselves.

I sigh as I leaned back harshly against the drivers seat and watched his house from across the street from where I was parked. His house wasn't huge like mine, but it was bigger than the two next to his. Everything about the house fit his personality, even the sidewalk complemented his eyes.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

My thoughts are the only thing keeping me from jumping out of the car, if I don't make more of a mess of things than maybe I can sue the company whole published a 'false' statement that nearly ruined a whole other company.

Now that would be cruel, I don't Jimin to think that I'm a bad person. I want him to know that I would do anything to make sure he is safe.

The day I laid my eyes on him Ij knew he would make a great assistant.

I know dragging him down the way I did was unintentional, but I feel horrible about the whole thing. The first week back in the office everyone was just glareing at him and calling him nasty and descripted titles. I wanted to fire everyone but him but then what kind of boss would I be then.

The best thing to do in this kind of situation would be to stay away from him, to completely cut him off, but I can't do that. These few years with him have been the best years of my life, but dating him caused him pain. Maybe I should just-

The door opened and I looked over to see Jimin holding a bag. His hair was soaked from all the rain but he had on a small smile. His appearance set back all of my thoughts and ripped me into reality, "Your hair."

He sat down and closed the door quickly, "I might have made a mistake in telling you to park here." He laughed and buckled his sratbelt, "In probably going to be sick after this-" He stopped talking as he moved his hair out of his eyes, "What's wrong?"

I was confused by the turn of his bright tone to a fragile whisper, "What do you mean?"

His placed one hand on mine and leaned closer, "Your eyes are red and you look tense."

I looked in the mirror and finally noticed what he was talking about. I was so worked up over my own thoughts that I had almost started crying, "Oh danm, I knew I had something in my eye."

Jimin's brows lowered as he pulled my face to his, "Are you sure that it, I know you pretty well and ai just don't want-"

I turned on the car and kissed his nose before putting my hand on his cheek, "I'm sorry Jimin."

Jimin opened his eyes and looked up into mine, "Sorry for what?"

"Wanting you all to myself, I just don't want anyone to know that your in a relationship, but I also don't want other people to go after you." I laughed quietly to myself before turning to face the streaing wheel, "How selfish of me?"

I could tell but his reaction that maybe I shouldn't have said anything at all. He sat back and crossed his arms in need of comfort with a pout before hiding his face to the window.

After a minute of silence while I pulled onto the highway, he took in a deep breath before turning to face me, "Do you ever plan on telling the public your dating me?"

"Yes."

"Don't just say that to comfort me, be honest."

I waited a moment before speaking, "Not really, I never thought about it Jimin."

The weight of the conversation was building up on my shoulders as he kept fighting back tears, "Do you ever plan on telling anyone that you are dating me?" I knew that if I answered that question he would leave so I stayed quiet. He frowned and whipped his eyes, "I understand. Your title is very important to you, I don't want to mess it up."

I sighed, "That's not at all what I ment, I just-"

"Let's not talk about it."

I took a turn down a road that was unfamiliar to Jimin. He didn't notice it at first but when he did, he looked around and sat up, "Where ate we going?"

"My house, I just thought that maybe you'd like to see a new path to get their that all." He flinched at my tone, I didn't notice how harsh I had said the words until his reaction. I sighed and placed a hand on his knee, he jumped slightly but I rubbed it off, "You know I love you, right?" Jimin nodded slowly before shifting around uncomfortably. He didn't answer which made me feel a little down. "I'm sorry baby, I'm just so tense about the idea of frowning you in all of this drama. I hate the idea of losing you. I just..."

He looked at me with a small smirk, "You what?"

I smile softly, "I just don't know how to explain to the public that I want you all to myself."

Jimin bit his lip playfully as I moved my hand up to his thigh. He leaned closer to my side, "Maybe I'll forgive you for being selfish if you do something for me~"

I looked at him puzzled, "What do you want?"

His eyes traveled around before he locked his eyes on my hand, "Make me dinner when we get to your house and then I'll see what I want."

I could feel the smile forming on my face as we began approaching my driveway, "That's all you want, dinner?"

Jimin's eyes sparkled as we reached my house, "I said I'll think~"

With a small nod we hopped out of the car. Grabbing his bags, Jimin walked around the back of the car and bumped into me as I was grabbing my own things from the backseat.

When I turned to look at him, he was smirked as I seen his tie pulled down, "You better hurry up, I'm really hungry."

I gulp to myself as I close the door and hurry up to him, slapping his was on the way up to the door, "Then you better get ready."

"Yes sir-"

I open the door and threw my stuff on the ground, pinning him against the wall, "Don't tease me like that right now or you'll be skipping meals for something else~"

His eyes softened as he trailed his eyes down my body and then back up to my eyes, "Okay, Namjoon." He bit his lip and dragged one finger down my stomach, stopping at my belt buckle, "Maybe one day you can show me what will happen if I call you sir again."

I smiled hand grab onto his wrist, "Maybe, just go get ready, dinner will be ready soon."

"Okay~"