▪ Chapter 28 ▪

The sun started to peek through the window of Jimin and Namjoon's room, Namjoon sat up and smiled warmly at Jimin's face. He gently hopped out of bed and headed over to the bathroom, he brushed his teeth and started looking through the few suits he had brought with him.

"NAMJOON!" Hoseok screeched from the kitchen.

Namjoon ran put of the bathroom and down the hall, Jimin following shortly after, "What! What is it!"

"One, good morning, two, WE'RE RUNNING FOURTY FIVE MINUTES LATE!"

Namjoon turned back to the hall and began to run, "Start getting ready guys!"

Jimin sighed and followed Namjoon back into their shared bedroom, he opened up the closet, pulled out a suit, and quickly started to put it on. Namjoon came out of the bathroom buttoning up his shirt and slipping on his shoes.

"I don't understand how we are running late-"

"I forgot to set an alarm... s-sorry Namjoon." Jimin said as he started to brush out his hair.

Hoseok and Yoongi cane into the room and looked at Namjoon, "How are we going to get there?"

Jimin finished getting ready and they all left the room. Heading over to the elevated, Jimin stumbled and fell into a tall man, "I'm sorry."

"Chanyeol? What are you doing here, shouldn't you be at the-" Namjoon started but Noticed Jon running down the hall, "Jin?"

"Are we all late or what?" Jin joked. Everyone started laughing as the doors opened. "I have a way we can all get there, Namjoon are you still doing the opening speech with and Hye-jin."

Jimin looked Jin, "Hye-jin?"

Jin smiled, "She is very nice Jimin, you'll like her."

Namjoon looked down at Jimin, "You don't need to worry about her, she is a fun person to be around."

Jimin sighed and watched floor number change. Today was going to be a long day.

The sound of heels clicking against the tiled floor alerted Jimin. Suddenly a beautiful woman approached the group of later party members and sighed, "I'm glad you made it Joon." She put a hand on her chest and let out a relieved breath, "I thought I would have to-" she stopped ralki mg and laughed, "Looks like you brought a whole crew with you in your late gang~"

Namjoon blushed of embarrassment, "We all just bumped into each other."

She smiled and went to say something before her eyes caught Jimin stareing. The corners of her mouth quickly formed into a upward position, she smiled brightly at Jimin and reached a hand out, "You must be Jimin!" He eyes looked deeper into Jimin's and Namjoon smiled, "Namjoon has said wonderful things about you, it's great to finally meet you."

Jimin blushed softly and smiled, "I-it's nice to meet you too."

Everyone started to make there way down the hall into the main room. Jimin watched as Namjoon and Hye-jin made their way up to the front of the stage room. He sat down and smiled as Hye-jin walked up to the podium and positioned the microphone, "Good Afternoon everyone, My name is Ahn Hye-jin, but you're all welcome to call me Mrs. Ahn, or just Hye-jin. As we stand up here today it's wonderful to see many new faces in the building." She smiled and looked over in Jimins direction, "Today marks our fifth year we all gather in this building to discuss our businesses and event plans for the future." She smiled and looked over at Namjoon, "Starting off we have Mr. Kim himself."

The room was filled with applause as Namjoon stepped up, "Good Afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Wonderful new has been spread across the board about all of these businesses contributing to newer industries, it may not seem like a big deal, but it puts all of our names in a good place and a higher rank than others. After so many years of comparing against you all and others, I think it's clear to see that all pur our companies have made a real place for ourselves. In the process of trying to reflect on other industries I think we need to be more resourceful and creative-" Namjoon met eyes with Jimin and his face slowly started to heat up. "U-Uh, e-each and everyone one of pur companies has brilliant and creative ideas.... let's get it."

Namjoon and Hye-jin then left the stage. Soon everyone in the room started walking around and in and out of the doors, Jimin didn't move. He was worried that Namjoon left, he didn't want to be left alone-

"I fucked up." His voice cracked, Jimin sat up and looked him the eyes. His face when read, "I've never been nervous before until now and I don't know wh-"

Hye-jin smirked, "Was it because Jimin was here and he's never seen you do something like this before?"

Namjoon sighed and fixed his tie shirt, "I need to calm down."

Everyone smiled, Jin looked away and frowned, nobody noticed but Jimin, "Seokjin-"

"Jimin, since it's your first time how about a tour around, it would be nice to get yo know you more!" Jin exclaimed.

Jimin nodded and started to walk with the older male. After they ended up far away from the group, in an empty meeting room, Jin rubbed his temples and sighed, "He really loves you huh?"

Jimin frowned, "What are you talking about?"

Jin sat on a table and placed his hands next to his sides, "I'm talking about Namjoon." He paused, "I've known him way longer than you, I've loved him longer than you, I've been around as a childhood friend and I cared about his feelings... what do you have that I don't?" He stood up and walked closer to Jimin pinning him up against the door, "You've slept with your boss, earned his trust, and made him love you in the span of a week. He has been head over heels in love with you the second he hired you!"

"I-I-"

"Shut your mouth!" Jin yelled, "I can't stand seeing him look at you the way he used to look at me. He would smile and that stupid dimple would melt my heart every time... and now he only treats me like an old businesses partner." He slammed a fist against the wall, making Jimin flinch, "What on this planet do you have that I don't. You're nothing compared to me! You're just an assistant! A worthless, fucking-"

Jimin pushed Jin back tears in eyes, "I didn't leave! I stayed by his side!" He closed his eyes and leaned against a wall, "I've put him through so much pain, I don't even understand why he is still with me..."

Jin's angry body language and facial expression changed. He looked at the weak boy crying confront of him. He waited a minute before placing a hand on Jimin's shoulder, "You can break his heart, hurt him, and even ruin his whole life's work... and he is still going to love you more than me."

Jimin looked up, "And you'll always hate me for taking him away from you."

Jin laughed softly and pulled Jimin into a tight hug, "If he really cares about you, and decides to be with you..." Jin started to sob, "Then I have to give him up."

The two stayed like this for a few minutes before they seperated, Jimin smiled weakly and laughed. He stuck out a hand and waited for Jin to take it, "My name is Park Jimin, Assistant of Mr. Kim Namjoon, and total screw up."

Him laughed and took Jimin's hand, laughing slightly, "Kim SeokJin, an actual asshole who won't let his feeling for his best friend die."  They laughed and Jin smiled, but soon whispered in a crazy whisper, "If you hurt him, or actual manage to break him, I'll kill you Jimin."

Jimin laughed, "I know."