.No Man Left Behind.

"It just sounds nice okay? I don't know, it's soothing to hear." Pacifica waved her hand dismissively, almost attempting to fan away the pink shade on her cheeks.

Mabel merely gave a calm hum in response, understanding that Pacifica's not used to the slight affection friendship offers. They keep up the conversation while they look for Candy and Grenda.

Deciding to go aisle by aisle, scanning through the shelves trying to find their friends. Passing though the aisles Pacifica believed they would be in, for example, the candy and sweets. The food court was right next to it was a hot cocoa and bread, along with many colors baked into them.

"Oh my God, Pacifica they have a fountain, and it has a lion head!!" Mabel speeds off towards the small structure, Pacifica rolls her eyes, before catching up to her friend. The fountain was huge, behind it was a caramel-toned wall, with three bumps on top, which both are attached to each other.

Placed in the center the mocha colored lion bared it's stone canines, it's mane chiseled. Sticking more outward then the wall it's constructed to, below it, a smaller bowl where the water overflowed into the main part of fountain.

Mabel sat on the edge, staring into the clear waters ripples caused by her hands movement. Touching the natural green vines that splattered around the surrounding wall, Pacifica took a seat next to her. She reaches into her purse and takes out her phone, scrolling through her contacts and pressing on one of the many she has.

"I'm gonna call Grenda, don't do anything stupid, got that?" Pacifica ordered, looking at the brown haired twin who gave a small, innocent smile. She dialed the number and waited, listening the ringing blasting through the phones speaker. Not long after she answers.

"Hello?" The blonde yanks the phone away for her ear, regretting putting it on speaker mode, after being blasted by the voice on the other end.

"Hey Grenda, Mabel and I are near the fountain near-"

"With a lions head on it, like it would be Scars." Mabel interrupted, pointing her index finger at the lifeless animal, grinning. Not that many people were in the same area, so Pacifica's relived that's no one heard the girls rambling.

She glared at Mabel and stuck out her lip, her hand palming the sound off of the phone so the girl on the other line wouldn't pitch in.

"Mabel really!?" She snarked, slightly annoyed her friends only response to her ruckus was a sheepish smile. Pacifica quickly described the place around the fountain before hanging up, catching Mabel looking over a book placed on a pedestal.

Next to the said book, a bakery sat occupied with its employees working like bees, she looked over Mabel's shoulder to see what captured her attention.

Inside were many designs from birthday events down to weddings and graduations. The brunette noticed her friends quietly observing from behind, so she moved out the way, sliding to the side and giving Pacifica room.

Accompanied by the comfortable silence, the young teens waited for the rest of the group while browsing through cakes. The peace was slightly destroyed by Pacifica's flushed cheeks, seeing Mabel looking at wedding cakes. And something about her gushing over and over about how cute it is, made her stomach tremble.
************

Not long after Grenda and Candy arrived, eating away at samples they came across in the store, generously handing two separate samples to the other girls. Inside the cupcake wrapper was a piece of enchilada, it's fiery color stained the toothpick which kept it together.

Piercing through the fresh cheese, needless to say, Pacifica enjoyed it and along with the others who encouraged the girl to try it out. Her eyes light up with pure ecstasy, the favor bursting through and displayed a small smile on the girls face.

"Jeez, you lived here longer than I have and yet you haven't tried these." Mabel jokes, reaches over a passing counter for 2 napkins, handing one to Pacifica. "Looks like someone's never been to Hermanos' Brothers." The group burst into laughter, engulfing Pacifica's flustered anger as they fled for her life, avoiding the wrath of her swinging purse.

They continued running out of the store and into the streets, fleeing to the direction of the old shack. As much as Pacifica hoped she was dreaming, alas wasn't true, the reality of all those fluffy sweaters Mabel wears. Only masked how fast and athletic she probably was, shouting "eat my dust slowpokes" before letting out a heavenly laughter.

Quite frankly I am, Pacifica mind replied, hiding away her face with her arm to block out the dust. Still running as she watched her friends leave her trailing behind, at least that's what she thought. Being rich meant the blonde could simply get a ride from a motor scooter into her bathroom.

Just to show you she's too rich to be walking around and running, she's been dragged to enough missions with the Pines twins to know that running, is their way of either escaping danger.

Or when the rigidly cart breaks down, while the giant man named Soos fixes it, and running becomes the main transportation for them. Pacifica's stands stationary all the while the heads of Grenda and Candy faded and become smaller in the distance.

They have been on missions with Dipper and Mabel more times than Pacifica can count. So it's no surprise that they took off and kept an easy pace with Mabel, like a mystery herself she disappeared before Pacifica could see her fade out.

"Why'd you stopped running?" The well known voice of brunette spoke out to Pacifica, meeting a small squeal as her response.

"Don't. Scare. Me. Like. That. Ever. Again!" The blonde yelled, slapping Mabel gently yet roughly on the arm in between her words. "And how did you even get here so quickly, you were way ahead of us." Mabel situates her arm on top of her friends shoulder, allowing herself to relax her muscles from her sprinting. "No one in my pack gets left behind, so I might as well walk you home."

"Oh, uh ok." Pacifica looked up to see Mabel's outstretched hand, she takes it hesitantly. Suppressing her laughter from Mabel tripping over seemingly thin air, and taking her hand once more. "Come on, I know this awesome path I want to show you."

Tugging her hand off the concrete path, their rumbling footsteps as the walk over the forestry trail. Surrounded by the tall reddish-brown trees, it's singular leaves, the size of poster paper providing minimal shade for the small creatures below.

Published On: 10/21/19