.Prank.

The trees stand proud and famously, before the bushes and moss on the dirt road. Halfway through the trip, they are still both walking hand in hand, both not daring to let go, at least that's what it appears on the outside.

For Mabel she doesn't mind, grabbing her friends hands was something she did since she was a baby. But one part of her makes it feel different when Pacifica does it, giving a warm smile at the thought.

Pacifica on one hand...was a complete mess, one of her hands is pushed into the loosely pocket of her sweatpants. Fumbling on words that aimlessly ran and spun around in her mind, tempting to snatch her hand away, but for some reason she can't.

And even if she could she wouldn't do it. So the best thing she can do is to just look at the scenery, and hopes that she doesn't say or do anything stupid to ruin the relaxing moment.

Schools starting up soon, maybe we can talk about that, blooming the topic into the air, which went successfully for Pacifica. Getting the cutesy-giggly sickness Mabel tends to have in any conversation, but it suits her.
**************

MABEL'S P.O.V🌠
"Aww come on guys quit saying that! There's literally nothing happening between us." Now you may be wondering, 'What's going on now?' Well, allow me to explain. My best friends are currently making kissing noises, and singing the famous old rhyme.

The one that has the K-I-S-S-I-N-G part toward the end, and seeing that this is all because I walked Pacifica home a few minutes ago. You can guess this has been going on for the last 5 to 7 minutes now.

I sat stubbornly clutching my night hoodie I wore to sleep, before I plopped on the ground I was pacing back and forth. To no surprise those 2 didn't notice, like drunken old timey-cartoons characters, they sang their butts off. Gnawing my bottom lip, I watched anticipating the year they finally stopped, my nails tapped the ground to a muted tune. Usually their taunting wasn't something that got on my nerves.

It would make me die of laughter cause most of the time it would be true, but this time, the teasement sat with me differently. The groan growing in volume bubbles impatiently in my throat.

A quick look at the wooden floorboards, 5 jagged lines connect to the claws on my hand. Hold up, CLAWS! Ten claws, five on each hand are pointed and appear sharp to the touch. Panic suits itself in, triggering itself from the faint sounds of their teasing.

Quickly sliding my hands into the oversized pocket and dashing for the bathroom, should I check if they noticed? The loud slam, accommodated by the quiet clinks of my claws, makes rough contact with the counter. A mirror that once showed my lovable brace-filled smile, now gone and in its place, a set of fangs aligned the top and bottom row of teeth.

Yellow eyes stare up and down at my own figure, am I dreaming? Slit irises look on stressfully as I run my hand though my hair, like that'll soothe my panic and stress away. Can this get any worse? A bang on the door left me wordless, glaring down the waiting for it to move an inch.

"Mabel and Pacifica sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g, first comes-." And it got worse, all this pent up sounds escaped like it's out of my control. And something inside me snapped. The nastiest, animalistic snarl ruptures my failed attempt to keep silent, shutting out my normal thoughts and taking over.

I cealed over top of the counter, holding onto whatever I caught within my reach. The sound a fork makes when scraped across a plate are being mimicked by my clawed hand.

My left hand palms my hair aggressively, canines aching from so much pressure applied to them at the moment. Why does it hu-hurt so much? I tackled my tummy with both of my hands, flinging the carpet near the sink away from my feet. Revealing the bare floor, where my claw ravished it in scratch marks.

"Mabel you good? What's going on in there. We can hear strange noises coming from the bathroom." Shit! They stopped singing, I needed more time to control this weird thing of mine.

Maybe this could work, unlocking my phone and opening the gallery, I look at pictures that make me happy. I avoided clicking on any with Grenda or Candy in it, just in case it caused whatever that was feral behavior was again.

Pictures of Waddles, my parents, pictures of my new monster-friends, kittens, and beautiful puppies seem to ease me. I swear if puppies are my kryptonite I'm not gonna be able to walk past a pet shop. There was another knock, but nothing was said, examining the mirror to look normal.

Like nothing has ever even happened, but they heard me, how do I explain what they heard was me going crazy? Prepping for the worst, I step out, awaiting the possible looks of horror on their faces when they know I'm a monster.

"What were those sounds, it's like you went in there to wrestle a werewolf." Grenda gazes over my shoulder, I kicked nervously at the carpet to go back into its spot. To avoid them from seeing the scratches of my own struggle. I had to come up with something and fast, before they'd figure out.

"You guys like the prank I pulled on you?"

"Hold on, you pranked us? But how, there's no one else in her with you." Grenda steps aside to direct her point, her thick finger showing the emptiness in the bathroom.

"I hid some-ah small speakers around the-uh bathroom one played growling sounds and one made claw marks." Throwing ourselves my twin sized bed, reaching for a pillow to place on my lap, "Looks like it worked too, I got you to stop singing like drunk pirates." We looked at one another and giggled, mimicking the one-eyed pirates of back then. But they grew quiet

"All jokes aside, do you like her? You know we don't judge you on your choices but are you sure about her?" Huh, I wasn't expecting this, I haven't boasted about boys since theWeirdmageddon. Are they still enemies? If they are then that would be lying to me basically, but I can't just assume that they're lying.

I'll just give them the benefit of a doubt, it'll take them time to get used to having Pacifica around. She did bully them, or rather us back then. But I know she's changing for herself, striving to become a better person.

Published On: 10/29/19