Bhutoo and Bhutni

Biren turned at Nilu and smiled...and then winked. Who would think a Raja could wink at a servant girl. Nilu smiled and bowed her head again.

Biren: Nilu Maa dar mat. Yeh humara Bukku tere Bhutoo se kam nahi...

And Mrinu Biren and Nilu all laughed. And Byom turned to look at her shy smile.

Byom: Ab yeh Bhutoo kon? Mere jane ke bad kitne prani aur jud gaye iss grihasthi mein, koi mujhe bhi batayega?

Biren: Bhutoo is the most ugly looking puppy, our Nilu found him stuck in the lemon bush patch all stuck among the thorns... I guess she cried more than her Bhutoo and was much more hurt too. But she wont take any treatment till Mr. Bhutoo was treated... you should meet her Bhutoo sometime...

Nilu came near him shyly touched his feet and ran away from the room. Bukku was intrigued, what was she doing here? She might not remember him but he remembered, Nilu was the girl from the open theatre.... With the story "Banjh hu Main". But why did she fear him so much. Tupak was also here, and Baba was also talking to her normally. She didn't react all scared with any of them if it was a gender issue. He never thought of himself one of those who repulsed people by just his look or demeanor. Also her similarities with his Maa was uncanny. She didn't look much like Mimi, but her characteristics and mannerisms were very similar.

Or is it that he himself was noticing or seeing things that didn't exist at all. He had always known his Mimi was one piece in the whole universe no one could be like her.

Next day in the morning...

Bukku got up late, and stepped down without looking when he landed on a puddle. And he yelped, what the hell was this. He was apparently standing on the pups puddle. Yuckk!

Byom: Mimi.... Yeh ghar ke andar puppy kaise aaya? Aur mere kamre mein kya kar raha hai....

Mrinu: (entering his room and smilling) Bhutoo tum Dadamuni se milne aaye ho? Abhi dadamuni uthe hi hai isliye woh abhi Grouchy Bear ki tarah behave kar rahe hai. Hum Dadamuni se milne bad mein aayenge theek hai? Chalo Maa Bhutoo Babu ko Dhudh Bhaat degi. Bhuk lagi hogi na beta? Aao.

Byom: Mimi meri, aur pyar lene sab pahuch jaate hai. Pehle Nilu ab Bhutoo. Yeh sab theek karna padega...

Yeh sab nahi chalega bas ab... sara kamra ganda kar diya.... Bhutoo and Bhutni dono ab bas ghar se out... Meri Mimi aur laad bhi mera bas. Baat karni padegi Mimi aur Baba se.

Just in that moment he found Nilu standing at the door with a bucket of Phenoel water and mop. Eyes still not looking at him, she was chewing at her lower lip and didn't even knock, just stood there to get his permission to enter. And he took advantage of that time to study her...and then mumbled

"Bhutoo and Bhutni what a combination?"