Ek Pal Ki Qaidi

Byom was sitting in his room in the dark… Suddenly someone switched on the lights and Byom turned to see Biren standing on the entrance and stood up from his easy chair. 

Byom: Baba… aaiye naa… 

Biren: Nilu ke tests mein kya ayaa Bukku. Hum pichle kuchh dino se bas isi ka wait kar rahe hai… Maine hospital phone kiya toh pata laga test ke reports tere paas hai… 

Bukku kuchh gadbad hai haina? Varna tu aate hi sab ko bata deta ki Nilu theek hai… kya hua Beta apne Best Buddy ko nahi batayega?… 

Byom: haa baba bataunga, mujhe shak tha ke Nilu ke frontal lobe of brain mein kuch clot hoga jiski wajah se use hallucinations ho rahe hai. Woh kahani imagine karte karte khud hi ko uska hissa samajhne lagti hai aur mujhe bhi. 

Par mujhe lagta hai that its a tumour… which is increasing in size. That can lead to her death within months… though we couldn't actually pinpoint the time. It will lead to a disaster..

Biren: Show me the report, why do you think its the tumour?

Byom: Baba Mimi told me several times she has fainted before some of the times after seeing my pictures or while telling stories. Then her reaction to me that night… she is seeing things Baba… and the reality and delusions are mixing up in her mind… the lines are getting blurred. 

We don't see that much easily because she has been scared and she tends to keep quiet about what she sees or feels. And when she cant take the stress then she faints or sometimes blabbers. She is in immense pain but she wont show Baba… because who would want a person around them who might have mental troubles…

Our society ( he scoffed)….. so many stigmas, so many black areas… all our lives we are just tiptoeing around them. And Nilu has been all alone till now. 

Biren: But not any more? 

Byom: Nope, na not any more… for sure.

And Biren proudly looked at his son. If his Bukku said NOT ANY MORE then no one and their Army can budge him….