Swapne Dekha Rajkanya

The Princess in my dreams......

Byom took her to his room and told her to sit on the bed... while he went to get the pictures. Nilu sat stiff and quiet. But then Byom came and gave her the Pictures one by one...

Byom: Yeh chaar ladkiya hai dekho in mein se kounsi pasand hai tumhe? Yeh Chaya, Udita, Mohini, Anandmoyi... sab lagbhag tumhare hi umar ki hai... batao koun pasand hai tumhe?

Byom noticed she got stuck on one picture. She didn't say anything but she stilled like she has seen a ghost or someone from her past.

Byom: Tum Janti ho kya ise? Nilu, Niluuuu.... Arey kya hua Shona? Niluuuu

And she said in a faint voice "Rajkanya..!!"

Byom: (was immediately alert) Rajkanya? tumhari kisi kahani ki Rajkanya? Nilu, idhar meri taraf dekho. Kon si Rajkanya? Humm, Nilu meri taraf dekho... Niluuu daro mat mujhe batao, kya huya Rajkanya ke saath? Tumhe kuchh kiya iss Rajkanya ne? Dekho idhar dekho... Main hu Gungun, koi kuchh nahi kar payega tumhe. Main kabhi kuchh nahi hone dunga tumhe...

Nilu: Par woh toh aagayi hai, ab woh aapko mere paas rehne hi nahi dengi. Le jayegi aapko bohot dur, aur phir aap sab bhool jaoge... Sab bhool jaoge... jaise Dassyu Raja bhool gaya tha apni Durga ko... waise hi aap bhi...

Byom knew at that point that this was her fear that everyone important to her, forgets her or leaves her. She loved with the whole of her being but the person she loved always left her. She must have felt this way for very long as her parents left her orphan.... And he knew the orphanage staff kept shuffling due to many reasons... Is that the point of her pain? The fear of losing people. He also remembered that she had fainted at his feet when she had thought he would be throwing her out of Jalsaghar. She was already very attached to Mimi and the rest of the family and his teasing words must have invoked that darkness within her where she became helpless... As he had guessed it was nothing more than her deep rooted fear of losing him and the family....

Byom picked her up and sat with her in his lap... Fed her some water... and then rocked her while he kept saying all sorts of nonsense as people did with little kids... His tone soft and reassuring and his hold a bit closer than was seemly. But he didn't care...

Byom: Main Mimi ko bol dunga, mujhe shadi nahi karni inme se kisise... yeh sab bekar hai. Meri Putul Shona ko pasand hi nahi. Mere liye wahi ladki chalegi jo meri Gungun ko pasand aayegi... Achha Gungun, tum bohot achha gati ho haina? Mujhe toh kabhi nahi sunaya... sunaogi mujhe kabhi? Agar tum mujhe gana sunaogi toh ho sakta hai main tumhe Ganga ghat pe meri favourite jagah dikhane le chalu... aur phir Ice cream khilaunga tumhe... achha meri Putul ne kabhi Ice Cream khaya hai kya? Kounsa flavour pasand hai use...batao toh... abhi mangwata hu Tupak se keh ke...theek hai?

Nilu: Aap toh nahi jayenge na? Aap mat jaiga, aap jab chale jaate hai toh mujhe bohot dar lagta hai... (she said very softly)

Nilu folded her knees till her chest and didn't look at Byom...

Byom felt  like something lit up deep within him. She didn't want him to go away. She didn't hate him. She feared not him but the fact that he might leave her behind. He looked at her crouched scared baby like posture... And then kissed her temple again and again...

Byom: Nahi main nahi jaunga... kabhi kahi nahi jaunga tumhe chhodke. Tum bas darna mat, theek hai... Kisi se nahi darna meri Gungun. Main yahi hu tumhare paas. Main kisiko meri putul ko tang nahi karne dunga... darane nahi dunga. Har koi jisse tum pyar karti ho yahi tumhare paas rahega humesha... tum dekhna...main keh raha hu naa... aur main toh tumhara Chhote Raja hu. Raja kabhi jhoot nahi bolte, mere Baba ki tarah.

What was there in those words Byom didn't know but she looked up at him. Her eyes all drenched in tears and her fear receding bit by bit. She kept looking at him and he kept reassuring her while rubbing her back softly. Wiping her innocent and first time hopeful face with his fingers and rocking her while holding her head to his heart....

After sometime Mrinu entered Bukku's room to find both Nilu and Byom sleeping peacefully. Bukku's one hand still encircling and holding Nilu and the other held her face to hi heart... Mrinu smiled and felt Biren sighing nearby while he came to hug her from behind...

💜🥀💜🥀💜🥀💜🥀💜🥀💜🥀💜🥀💜
HI Everyone,

Hopefully this story has been as entertaining to you as much was your Jalsaghar... Soon you get all your answers... one thing I would like to reassure you guys that there will definitely medical explanation to all that I am trying to portray here, I don't want you to feel cheated as intelligent sensible evolved readers. Tumours in the Frontal Lobe of the Brain does create all that Bukku and Biren saw as Nilu's symptoms...  And I promise whatever I am writing as technical base are all very well researched.  I might make some small technical mistakes in demand of the story as I am from a very different profession but nothing i will right here is total fantasy .... 

I want to thank you all for so much of support and love that you have shown to all of my stories. It means a lot to me... thank you again...

Loads of love

Gargi